Disable IPv6 on sever?

Hi,

I’m using the docker version of urbackup server and I’m very happy with it. I’d like to disable IPv6 support entirely on the server, since my local network is not using IPv6 and my logs are full of:

urbackup    | 2020-09-05 15:38:05: ERROR: Sending broadcast failed! (ipv6)

I could not find any settings regarding IPv6 in the administration manual. But maybe I’m overlooking something :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance,
Martin

Yeah I had a similar problem with clients connecting over IPv6 and not syncing. All the info I could find suggested that you cannot disable IPv6 in the settings and you either have to disable it on the entire server or on the client (or both). If I’m wrong, please someone correct me.

1 Like

I would personally suggest enabling IPv6 in the network, considering it’s kinda the future and all :slight_smile:

@Jeeves future yes externally at least, for local traffic not so much…
Working now rather than the future? Unfortunately not.

Suggest a solution to my issue or the OP’s & we might follow your first suggestion, meanwhile working with reality …

Sorry you are having issues. To solve the problem the client (debug) log and/or a crash dump would be useful.
If possible, could you post it or send it?

This post describes how to change the client to debug logging, where it is stored, where the crash dump is found and where to send it to if posting is not possible: Having problems with UrBackup? Please read before posting

Thanks!

In my case everything is working, it’s just the logs getting spammed with the “Broadcast failed” messages.