Are the URBackup developers/support team available to respond to posts

We are trying to roll out this solution, but I have run into a couple of issues that are showstoppers if we can’t get them resolved or have an adequate workaround. I have posted a couple of important issues that have yet to be answered.

Created on October 11th
Configure components for backup not saving on Client 2.5.20 - client - UrBackup - Discourse
(Configure components for backup not saving on Client 2.5.20)

Created on November 17th
Virtual Sub-Clients are not able to backup windows components - Server - UrBackup - Discourse
(Virtual Sub-Clients are not able to backup windows components)

Can someone from the development and/or support team respond?

Much appreciated!!

The first issue should be fixed with 2.5.21 (see changelog).

For the second one I think only the main client could do VSS component backups till now, so it’d be a feature request…

Thank you for the reply.

For the first item I will try the upgrade and report back. When the post was written, 2.5.20 was the latest version.

For the second item (Virtual sub-clients are not able to backup windows components) When we create sub clients, we have the ability within the configuration of the sub client to access and configure the windows components settings thus giving the impression the functionality is already there.

If this is a feature request it would be helpful to either grey out the option to configure windows components within the sub-client config or include the funcitonality as the GUI currently allows for configuration of windows components.

Upgrading server and client did resolve the first issue.

After the upgrade the second issue persists. I can not get a virtual sub-client to backup windows components.