Win Server 2012 R2 backup failing

I’ve got UrBackup Server 2.0.31 installed and a Windows Server 2012 R2 machine with UrBackup Client 2.0.30. It does the SYSVOL backup just fine, but hangs on the OS drive (C:). See the image below from the logs.

Log Image

I’ve two other servers (Windows 2008 Standard) and about 20 other Windows 7/8.1 clients that are running smoothly, but can’t seem to get this one Windows Server 2012 R2 machine to run a backup. Ran fine on the previous version of the client v2.0.29, but with the latest upgrade I can’t get it to complete.

Could you have a look at a client side debug log of a failed image backup. See here on how to enable and get it: Having problems with UrBackup? Please read before posting

I emailed a copy of the client bug report. Thank you for taking a look into this.

Cheers

It seems to be stuck in the shadow copy creation. Can you have a look at the Windows system error/event log? The log also doesn’t show the error yet. Maybe it took longer than the 45min of the log to get to the point where it shows an error message.

I sent a longer log that starts with an attempt to create a full image backup. I do see the following error in the Windows System Event log about the time the backup starts.

Source: Schannel
Event ID: 36888

A fatal alert was generated and sent to the remote endpoint. This may result in termination of the connection. The TLS protocol defined fatal error code is 10. The Windows SChannel error state is 1203.