White label the client?

Would it be possible to allow white labeling the backup client? No offense, I like your logo, it’s just… well… mine is better lol.

I am considering deploying UrBackup at a client and it would look more professional as a white label product from the MSP perspective.

4 Likes

+1

I am also very interested in whitelabelling. Would it be possible for a subscription for this? This could get some money flowing back to the devs, and give us something we can use right away. Any chance we can get a dev to chime in on this?

+1

Already asked, no reply.

I would happily pay for this. I would suggest that you roll it into the CBT license. Maybe instead of a perpetual license you give a $1/mo licensing fee for the CBT driver and ability to whitelabel. I know some developers are completely committed to opensource so would understand if this is not an avenue you would like to take.

Urbackup is really robust, and is certainly worth paying for. There’s an MSP crowd out there that would probably be interested!

I would prefer whitelabelling to be separate from the CBT licensing.

Agree

White label feature would absolutely be worth some extra costs! :money_mouth_face:

I would be interested in this as well. Would be nice to add fields to the “right click” menu on it as well. Perhaps link to the Restore page, etc.

Interesting… Did this discussion ever go anywhere?

Has anyone managed to make the system whitelabel?

+1

Maybe I’m just a bit dense this morning, but what does “whitelabelling” mean?

If I guess and assume that it means “being able to change the icons displayed in the notification area” then I’ve already done that as I thought the supplied icons were far from informative.

The reason I chose urbackup is because it doesn’t impose a recurring fee.
Please don’t change that.

Whilelabel is certainly worth paying for, but let’s not bundle it with CBT, as the target audience is different (users vs. developers).

What’s the motivation for wanting white-labelling on an open source free software product? There is nothing particularly unprofessional looking about urbackup.

If it were implemented even for a small fee there are unscrupulous people out there who could then try and sell the backup software as their own for a full commercial fee. That’s not in the spirit of open source software so I suggest that this is not implemented.