UrBackup Server 2.0.31 RC/Client 2.0.30 RC

Changes with server 2.0.31

• Cope with negative max/min incr/full file/image backup number
  • Do not try to increase cache size for upgrade if current db version is smaller than 15
  • Fix compile issue with gcc 6.1
  • Fix quota enforcement with a small amount of free space (target space is negative)
  • Fail backup if backing up SYSVOL or ESP partition fails
  • Backup all databases using the stop world writes and copy method, including the main database (this blocks logins during backup)
  • Look in legacy path for VHD file to fix incrementals after upgrade from 1.4.x
  • Config test for fallocate64 and fallback if not present
  • Improve error messages by printing correct system error code
  • Show in activities when cleanup is in progress
  • Updated translation (wasn’t updated in previous versions)

Changes with client 2.0.30

• Fix double free with stdout streams
  • Group and virtual client name as postfilebackup script paramters
  • Leave other shadow copies alone only if another simultaneous backup is running (only works in connection with server 2.0.31)
  • Fix unicode problem in backup path configuration

Upgrade process

As always: Replace the executables (via the installers) and the database of the server/client will be updated on first running it.

Place the files from the update directory into C:\Program Files\UrBackupServer\urbackup or /var/urbackup to auto-update clients. Disable Download client from update server in the server settings to prevent the server from downloading the current version.

On Linux e.g. with:

cd /var/urbackup && wget -r -l1 --no-parent --reject "index.html*" -nH -nd -N https://www.urbackup.org/downloads/Client/2.0.30/update/

Downloads

Uroni, I updated to 2.0.31 last night. However, the client updates do not seem to be automatically downloaded from your update server. In my /var/urbackup/ folder, they are still on version 151, I.E. 2.0.29

Yes, you have to manually put them there. See under Upgrade process above.

In the past it was downloaded automatically from http://update3.urbackup.org/.
Should we have now to make updates manually ?

It will update automatically upon release. I’ll think about having an update location for release candidates. (But it will require a manual configuration change)

I did see that. I wasn’t completely sure that was a new change / requirement. Anyway, thanks for clearing that up.

Here is the one-liner I used to download the new files (in case anyone else needs it):
cd /var/urbackup && wget -r -l1 --no-parent --reject "index.html*" -nH -nd -N https://www.urbackup.org/downloads/Client/2.0.30/update/

1 Like

Thanks, added that on top.

Uroni, I edited my one-liner… I added a -N (check time-stamping), this allows the downloads to overwrite the old files (if the ones on the server are newer). Without the -N, you will get new files with an appended number (eg. filename.exe.1)

Can you please update it again. Thanks!

Ok, done.

1 Like

I just tried to create a new client and download the windows exe. I received this error message in UrBackup:
ERROR: Signature verification failed

I then tried to download a client exe from an existing client, same error.
I then restarted UrBackup and received the same error.

Nevermind, after the restart, UrBackup re-downloaded all the client files and it works fine now.
Thanks!

Uroni, I also noticed that the /var/urbackup folder is a bit of a mess :slight_smile: (no offense). Would you be up to a small suggestion: maybe put the clientlist_b_XXXX.ub files into a separate folder (remember, I have almost 200 clients!) Also, perhaps put the UrBackupsUpdate* files into a separate folder?

so,
/var/urbackup/clientlist/clientlist_b_XXXX.ub
/var/urbackup/UpdateFiles/UrBackupUpdate*

Just a suggestion :slight_smile: Thanks for all the hard work! I’ll be sending another donation soon.

It looks like I spoke too soon. The server keeps resetting the client update downloads to version 151. I manually downloaded the 152 files, but they keep getting overwritten by 151 when urbackup restarts. Any ideas?

I think your wget command line does not download version.txt

I just tested it. If I delete the version.txt file, and then run my command, it does create a new version.txt with the contents = 152. Next, the ower is set to root:root, so I changed it to urbackup:urbackup.

The same applies to all the other files UrBackupUpdate* and version* files. After I restart urbackup, it simply replaces all those files with the 151 versions (it takes quite a few mintues before that happens)

Thoughts?

Sorry. Forgot that I had simplified it to download if the current version is not equal to the version on the update server. This unfortunately means that you have to disable Download client from update server on the server to prevent it from downloading the current version.

Yes, now I see that in your notes above. I will make the settings change on the server and let you know if I run into any issues.

Okay thanks for this precision.

BTW, i was testing to mount a vhdz image but this doesn’t seem to work :

root@urbackup1:~# urbackupsrv mount-vhd -m /media/restore/SV54 -f /media/nfs/SV54/160720-2155_Image_C/Image_C_160720-2155.vhdz
Loading FUSE kernel module...
Starting VHD background process...
Waiting for background process to become available...
Mounting...
sh: 1: Syntax error: Unterminated quoted string
Mounting failed.
root@urbackup1:~#

/var/log/urbackup-fuse.log

root@urbackup1:~# cat /var/log/urbackup-fuse.log
2016-07-21 15:48:24: Mounting VHD via fuse...
2016-07-21 15:48:24: VHD-Parent: "/media/nfs/SV54/160720-1815_Image_C/Image_C_160720-1815.vhdz"
2016-07-21 15:48:24: Volume offset is 524288 bytes. Configure via --offset
root@urbackup1:~#

Regards,

Thanks for the hint. Will be fixed.

We have an issues on version 2.0.31 cross compiled for powerpc CPU. Full backup works as it should, but when performing incremental backups, It is going to perform a complete backup.

log:
22.07.16 01:34
Starting incremental file backup…
22.07.16 01:35
Scanning for changed hard links on volume of “Dropbox”…
Indexing of “Dropbox” done. 1 filesystem lookups 26 db lookups and 0 db updates
Scanning for changed hard links on volume of “Desktop”…
Indexing of “Desktop” done. 1 filesystem lookups 247 db lookups and 0 db updates
Indexing of “Documents” done. 2 filesystem lookups 44 db lookups and 2 db updates
K206: Loading file list…
K206: Calculating file tree differences…
K206: Calculating tree difference size…
K206: Linking unchanged and loading new files…
22.07.16 01:49
Waiting for file transfers…
22.07.16 01:51
Waiting for file hashing and copying threads…
Saving file metadata…
Error reading “/tmp/cps.0TI9hB” -3 (stream)
Error saving metadata. Could not save OS specific metadata to “/raid0/data/urbackup/K206/160722-0134/.hashes/Dropbox/.dropbox”
Copied metadata to /tmp/cps.MgdlIs for error analysis
Writing new file list…
Transferred 14.2666 GB - Average speed: 127.298 MBit/s
Time taken for backing up client K206: 16m 50s
Backup completed with issues