Ubuntu 22.04 support

Hello.
Urbackup support for Ubuntu 22.04LTS will be only from the stable version 2.5.x?
Thanks!

What error did you get?

When I try to update the repository with this command:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:uroni/urbackup
This error appear:
Ign:5 Index of /uroni/urbackup/ubuntu jammy InRelease
Err:6 Index of /uroni/urbackup/ubuntu jammy Release
404 Not Found [IP: 91.189.95.85 443]
Reading package lists… Done
E: The repository ‘Index of /uroni/urbackup/ubuntu jammy Release’ does not have a Release file.
That means, packages for Ubuntu 22.04 (Jammy) are not ready yet.

1 Like

@adamb that’s how PPA works - packages released before Ubuntu release are not available on that new Ubuntu release. But as soon as UrBackup gets new version, even minor dot release, then it will be available for 22.04.

Not sure if OBS already has 22.04 target. @uroni any idea when it will become available?

what about trying to install this way, for now? UrBackup - Install UrBackup on Debian/Ubuntu

If you must install a package not in the official repos on Debian I’d recommend that rather than dpkg -i package.deb followed by apt install -f you cd to where you downloaded the .deb & instead apt install ./package.deb that way you’ll find out if any deps can’t be met before you end up with apt & possibly your entire system in a broken state.

Yes, yes, I know it’s fine in the case of UrBackup, but just on general principles avoid having apt try to fix things post dpkg, which checks no depends, whereas apt does.

1 Like

Should be there now. Thanks for the heads up!

Thank you @uroni for the update!!
The install was smoth, BUT when the first active client was added, the comunication between client and server remained in this state.
Ubuntu was fresh installed in the cloud (VPS), with only 3 opened ports (22,55414,55415).
This is interesting: with server version 2.5.23 the installation was smoth and the backup working perfecty.

Sory, I forget the client log.
Version 2.4.11
debug.log (190.1 KB)

Check firewall settings on the client. Its the usual suspect.

The server is on the internet, not in the same network as the client.

I have reinstalled the OS, and now it’s working with internet clients !!
Ubuntu 22.04LTS + Urbackup Server 2.4.15 it’s working 100%, no more libcrypto errors.
Thank you @uroni for this great soft !!

1 Like

I am still getting the error on 22.04:
E: The repository ‘Index of /uroni/urbackup/ubuntu jammy Release’ does not have a Release file.

Looking at the dists folder:
https://ppa.launchpadcontent.net/uroni/urbackup/ubuntu/dists/

It does not have a jammy folder.
How long until the directory will be update there to have the correct packages?

I did in this way:
wget https://hndl.urbackup.org/Server/2.4.15/urbackup-server_2.4.15_amd64.deb
sudo dpkg -i urbackup-server_2.4.15_amd64.deb
sudo apt install -f
Check if it’s working.

I would prefer to have the repository working so that I know for sure updates will be coming. It is why I asked how long it would be so that I can properly decide and if necessary plan testing to make sure updates are working when the repository is functioning.

I’m waiting for the 22.04 release too.

Uroni said above it should have been up “now” but that was 7 days ago - has something gone wrong with the repo?

For Ubuntu 22.04 I am still getting the error

E: The repository 'https://ppa.launchpadcontent.net/uroni/urbackup/ubuntu jammy Release' does not have a Release file.

If anyone can take a look at this it would be great, thanks.

1 Like

Urbackup from version 2.5.21 is stable, or it’s still in beta?
Thank you @uroni

Ubuntu jammy is not in beta. It is a full ubuntu release.
It would not be a unreasonable expectation to have the packages be available on the current lts ubuntu release. If urbackup is only going to support 22.04 until when 2.5 is fully released I will need to investigate a new solution as I can not use a software that will cripple itself if you update the underlying operating system to the latest LTS version.

To be clear, this is what happens if the impish packages are still active on 22.04:
urbackupsrv[2454986] general protection fault ip:7fa8e70b476d sp:7ffcc42d9d20 error:0 in libcrypto++.so.8.6.0[7fa8e6ed6000+1e0000]

So 22.04 does need to have a repo for it so that the correct packages can be pulled for anyone updating from impish.