Server 2.5.22/Client 2.5.16 - Can not create virtual subclients

I am using urbackup for years and had no problems so far.
Yet, I have updated my linux server to the latest beta release (2.5.22) as I need xtrabackup for backing up mysql-databases.
Now I tried to add a new linux client using client version 2.5.16.

Everything seams fine expect it is not possible for me to create the [incr]-subclient for that machine used for incremental xtrabackups.
I have adjusted the /usr/local/etc/urbackup/mariadbxtrabackup.conf accordingly and executed /usr/local/share/urbackup/scripts/setup-mariadbbackup. But no luck, the server did not accept the virtual subclient setting of the client. I also tried to create the virtual subclient via the webinterface of the server. But also, no luck.

Does anybody have an idea what I am doing wrong? How can I create a new virtual subclient on S-2.5.22/C-2.5.16? Should I use an other server/client version-combination?

Kind regards
Volker

It might not work yet (virtual sub clients – need to reproduce). Meanwhile could you perhaps attach a debug client log as described in Having problems with UrBackup? Please read before posting ?

Thank you for your quick reply!

I have attached a server and client log (both debug-level).
Before creating this log files i have removed the client (atlas) from the server and did a “urbackupsrv cleanup” to really remove the client from the server.
Than I started with a fresh client installation, modified mariadbxtrabackup.conf and run the setup-mariadbbackup.
In the server and client logfiles you can see that xtrabackup is running and doing an full backup from the main-client. Also one can observe, that the setup-mariadbbackup tries to create the virtual server [incr] for atlas but this virtual client did not show up in the webinterface and also the entry virtual_client=incr has been removed from /usr/local/var/urbackup/data/settings.cfg.

Do you need additional infos?

Kind regards
Volker
urbackup.log (24,7 KB)
urbackupclient.log (65,8 KB)

thanks for the awesome information.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.