Server 2.2.6/2.2.7 issue

Not sure if anyone else has had this issue.

After upgrading from beta server 2.2.5 to beta 2.2.6 or production 2.2.7 the urbackup service randomly stops during over the internet backups

setup: Windows Server 2012 with only over the internet backups. max concurrent backups set to 7

i have checked app logs and there is nothing odd just the service is stopped. in windows Events i just get event ID 7034
“The UrBackup Windows Server service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s).”
and nothing leading up to it.

I first thought maybe there was an issue with the upgrade of the database/system so i just copied the dll/exe files from beta 2.2.5 back and all works fine again

I upgraded to 2.2.7 and so far have not had an issue.
Although I am running in a FreeNAS jail. So it could be Windows specific.
If I have any issues I’ll report back.

I also upgraded to 2.2.7 and UrBackup service crashes.
Shortly after first client connect and start of the backup, the service stops. If service is restarted it stops again shortly after a client connect.

INFO:
Event ID: 1000
Faulting application name: urbackup_srv.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5a888da4
Faulting module name: ucrtbase.DLL, version: 10.0.10586.1171, time stamp: 0x59ae5010
Exception code: 0xc0000409
Fault offset: 0x00000000000699ce
Faulting process id: 0x4fc
Faulting application start time: 0x01d3af9b350f9e33
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\UrBackupServer\urbackup_srv.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ucrtbase.DLL
Report Id: d1456d79-1b8f-11e8-80c9-001b78054904

Is it possible to downgrade to older version?

Sorry you are having issues. To solve the problem the client (debug) log and/or a crash dump would be useful.
If possible, could you post it or send it?

This post describes how to change the client to debug logging, where it is stored, where the crash dump is found and where to send it to if posting is not possible: Having problems with UrBackup? Please read before posting

Thanks!

I seem to be having the same issue.
[edit]
Specifically, urbackup service will crash after a backup is started.

OS is Windows 10 for both clients and server.
Server version 2.2.7
Client version 2.2.5

Last part of the logs is:
2018-02-27 20:30:27: WARNING: Restarting shadow copy of D:\ because it was started by this server
2018-02-27 20:30:28: ERROR: Program abort (SIGABRT)
2018-02-27 20:30:28: ERROR: Fatal exception code 0 at address 0x00007FFC279F4008
2018-02-27 20:30:28: ERROR: Fatal exception (APPLICATION CRASHED). Crash dump written to “C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\UrBackup\v2.0.0-20180227-203028-16864-4356.dmp”

I’ll send full logs and dmp to bugreports email.

I have sent a logfile to bugreports@urbackup.org

I have updated the version from 2.1.20 to 2.2.7 and then the error occours.

Got the crash dump. The main problem is that it is compiled with assertions. This will be fixed by the next release.

It seems to be workníng if I set “Max simultaneous backups” = 1

Probably didn’t get to the backup where it crashes yet :wink:

Does 2.2.8 fix this issue?

Just installed 2.2.8 and testing.
Will get back when it has run for some time.

Version 2.28 has been running for 3 days now, and still working.
Thanks for the quick update to new version :slight_smile:

Hello, I have the same problem, after upgrade 2.2.7 not backup on Internet, local if work.
Today upgrade 2.2.8, the fix not resolved the problem

Logs server and client not describe the problem

The problem was that the client distributed with server 2.2.7 would replace the custom settings, including the Internet server IP address and key, with the default settings which were empty. On a local network the client could easily find the server and all was well, but an Internet client has no clue where to look.

Once the server is upgraded to 2.2.8 you need to download a fresh copy of the configured Internet backup client from the server for each Internet client, using the buttons at the bottom of the status screen. Uninstall the current UrBackup client program from each Internet client computer to delete the bad settings, and install the fresh client program in its place. If you try to install a new client over an existing one, the installer will leave the current settings files alone and use them with the new program.

Once this custom client software is installed on each client computer, the settings will be correct and it will talk to the server again. Previous backups are still in place and incremental backups will resume properly.

If you had custom settings for the files or directories to back up for this client you will need to configure that before you begin backups. I prefer to make all such changes at the server. In the Clients box select the client to be configured. Mark “Separate settings for this client”, and under Permissions, clear “Allow client-side changing of the directories to backup” and “Allow client-side changing of settings”. This way the correct settings will be copied to the client before a backup.

Thank you, the answer if works. But not apply in some few clients with windows xp in this case what can I to do?

The latest clients (2.x series) are not supported under Windows XP. On the one XP machine I still support I’m running the 1.4.11 client, available here. You’ll need to fill in the correct Internet settings manually after you install the client software, but otherwise it works - at least to the limits of the 1.4 client abilities.

Thank you, today test reinstall client on windows xp and internet settings manually. Not work with server 2.2.8 and there isn’t log

The client say: unreachable server