I have been attempting to use RoboCopy. There is an option “/sl” but it generated errors for which the copy would just hang.
I downloaded GRSync since I had used it before for another purpose.
I stopped the UrBackupServer service, made sure that “Copy Symlinks as symlinks” and “copy hardlinks as hardlinks” were both selected and let it rip.
It wasn’t long until I was getting errors about the filename being too long(91) and no such directory(2). Lots of these.
The WSBackups folder is at the root of both drives and both are formatted as NTFS.
I have a basic USB backup drive (F:) that runs the main backup and it is permanently attached to the server.
I have a removeable USB drive (E:) that they should be able to take offsite (placing another drive in its place so that the offsite backups can continue.
My Robocopy (without the /sl) starts on a Friday night and isn’t finished come Monday… that’s not going to work.
The GRsync throws a ton of errors.
Not certain where to go from here or if what I am trying to accomplish wouldn’t be better accomplished some other way.