Mounting image failed. Please see server log file for details

@DrRSatzteil
Now the mounting error has reappeared.
The server has not rebooted, and the urbackup service has not been restarted.

Yes this is kind of annoying. Still happens to me as well. Please let me know if you find out what’s causing this. For now I decided to not look deeper into it as long as I know how to fix this when I need this feature.

Any solution?
Now I run on Ubuntu 18.04, urBackup 2.2.11.
I trying to mount raw on btrfs.
Error:
Mounting image failed. Please see server log file for details.
Guestmount… libguestfs: error: /usr/bin/supermin exited with error status 1. To see full error messages you may need to enable debugging. Do: export LIBGUESTFS_DEBUG=1 LIBGUESTFS_TRACE=1 and run the command again. For further information, read: http://libguestfs.org/guestfs-faq.1.html#debugging-libguestfs You can also run 'libguestfs-test-tool' and post the complete output into a bug report or message to the libguestfs mailing list.

@artyomtsybulkin I ended up switching to ext4, and now it works.

I switched to btrfs because need RAW images >2Tb. On ext4 it not applicable. Maybe it works on ZFS?

So far there have been two causes:

• Newer kernel with older supermin causing a supermin boot problems. Should cause libguestfs-test-tool to fail. Make sure supermin is up to date and your kernel is distribution supported. If not complain about it on the distribution bug tracker.
  • Ubuntu kernel image permission problems (“for security reasons, won’t fix” https://bugs.launchpad.net/fuel/+bug/1467579). Newer UrBackup servers should fix those automatically. See my post here for how to discover Mounting image failed. Please see server log file for details

To debug change the user urbackup to have a login shell login as urbackup (su urbackup) then run export LIBGUESTFS_DEBUG=1 LIBGUESTFS_TRACE=1; urbackup_mount_helper mount clientname XXX_Image_C Image_C_XXXX.raw

1 Like

Does this issue solved?

I have the same problem.

Debug export LIBGUESTFS_DEBUG=1 LIBGUESTFS_TRACE=1 didn’t give any information.
Only: libguestfs: error: /usr/bin/supermin exited with error status 1.

I saw many topics, try them all and didn’t find a solution.

Mounting from urbackup user doesn’t work, then mounting from root (works fine), and after that mounting from urbackup starts working too but only for a while.

#### run as urbackup
# su urbackup -s /bin/bash

#### enable debug
$ export LIBGUESTFS_DEBUG=1 LIBGUESTFS_TRACE=1

#### mount .raw image from urbackup user
$ urbackup_mount_helper mount win7_vm210_2 200620-1954_Image_C Image_C_200620-1954.raw
Guestmount...
libguestfs: error: /usr/bin/supermin exited with error status 1.
To see full error messages you may need to enable debugging.
Do:
  export LIBGUESTFS_DEBUG=1 LIBGUESTFS_TRACE=1
and run the command again.  For further information, read:
  http://libgue    stfs.org/guestfs-faq.1.html#debugging-libguestfs
    You can also run 'libguestfs-test-tool' and post the *complete* output
    into a bug report or message to the libguestfs mailing list.

$ libguestfs-test-tool
===== TEST FINISHED OK =====

$ exit

#### run as root
#### mount .raw image from root user - works fine!
# urbackup_mount_helper mount win7_vm210_2 200620-1954_Image_C Image_C_200620-1954.raw
Guestmount...

#### umount
# urbackup_mount_helper umount win7_vm210_2 200620-1954_Image_C Image_C_200620-1954.raw
Mountpoint: /media/BACKUP/urbackup/win7_vm210_2/200620-1954_Image_C_mnt
Guestunmount...

#### run as urbackup
#### mount again .raw image from urbackup user
# su urbackup -s /bin/bash

#### mount .raw image from urbackup user
$ urbackup_mount_helper mount win7_vm210_2 200620-1954_Image_C Image_C_200620-1954.raw
Guestmount...
   ### Now it works fine but only for a while.

Environment: UrBackup Server 2.4.12, Debian 10, btrfs storage.

For some reason it seems to work for me now pretty reliable even though I did not change anything (of course a lot of possible relevant components have been updated in the meantime).

What happens on my instance now is that it takes a while to mount from the webinterface and then lets me know that mounting failed. However this is not true as I can see the mounted image when I go back to the backup list and then select the same image backup again.

After mount image from root from cli, for some time mount from web interface starts working too.

Some times it mounts without errors.
But sometimes same like you lets me know that mounting failed. However this is not true as I can see the mounted image when I go back to the backup list and then select the same image backup again.

Detailly I wrote about it here:

Nice work with your detailed bug report!

I never had the issue that the web interface becomes unreachable though but I can reproduce the mount failure you are describing at the end of your report.

Thanks! I hope developers will fix these issues with mount image backups.