Mac client download in .sh format?

For some reason the Mac client downloaded from the web interface is a .sh file that I have to open a terminal to run, when all it does is unpack to a .pkg file and run that. It seems like it would make a lot more sense to just have the web interface spit out a .pkg file that I can run directly without having to make executable.

I made the same sort of post just the other day. The .pkg creation requires a Mac so it is not cross-platform. Here’s how to address this issue:

Afaik .pkg files are just .xar files with a different extension, and xar is open source, so it should be possible to modify the .pkg on any platform. Wether or not this is something someone wants to invest time in is another question. However, would it not be possible to just make a .pkg installer that leaves the configuration alone, and use that to upgrade Mac clients? The download .sh, open terminal, run script process is really quite cludgy.

The Mac clients in the download section at www.urbackup.org are in fact pkg files.
So once the client has been configured initially, using the .sh script, you can upgrade the client using the pkg and not worry about the settings etc.