Installed urbackup in server, but how to run and schedule backup of that server

I have installed urbackup in server 2008 and i want to do a schedule back up. How do i do i cant see any options to backup.
I am a beginner please advise.

I’m not sure what you’re asking?
Is the Server 2008 running urbackup to backup other computers or is it a client that you want to backup?

As a beginner, you really should start with reading the Admin Manual:

It tells you how to use the software and what the steps are. You can’t come to a forum and expect to be told basic information already covered in the manual.

Install the UrBackup Server onto the server you wish to be the server hosting the backup services, database, etc. Install the UrBackup client on all the client machines you wish to make backups of for files, images, etc.

You can install both the UrBackup client and server software onto the same machine too but you set the backup options within the client level configuration unless you configure this server with various and enforced options and such for all clients.

The UrBackup client software also supports CLI to trigger backups. You can use this and it’s options and such to push images to any UNC path you have access to write to as well.

Below is an example batch script that I run from one client for example to do a full image OS backup but this is a daily but in conjunction with the server level enforced settings I apply to all clients—I have other scheduled tasks with Task Scheduler setup on various clients where the backup needs are more frequent than the standards I set at the server level.

Note: I could not agree more that you need to read up on the manual and become familiar with all the feature and functionality if you are going to use this for any critical systems, etc. Be sure you know how to restore and test the process.

Important: I’ve only tested this with full image OS pushes only so I’ve not done this for any files or any incremental image backups, just full image backups for the core OS and boot partitions, etc. in my case.

Batch Script

:: Be sure to set the value of the "SET URBackupSvr=" be the name of the server share you wish to push the image backup files
SET URBackupSvr=URBackupServerName
IF NOT EXIST "\\%URBackupSvr%\URBackups$\%computername%" MD "\\%URBackupSvr%\URBackups$\%computername%"

FOR /F %%A IN ('DIR /B /AD "\\%URBackupSvr%\URBackups$\%computername%\*_Image_C"') DO (
	RD /S /Q "\\%URBackupSvr%\URBackups$\%computername%\%%~A"
	IF EXIST "\\%URBackupSvr%\URBackups$\%computername%\%%~A" RD /S /Q "\\%URBackupSvr%\URBackups$\%computername%\%%~A"
)
ping -n 10 127.0.0.1>nul
CD /D "C:\Program Files\UrBackup"
UrBackupClient_cmd.exe start --full --image
GOTO :EOF

Have a look at my post Restore Images Manually Mounted via SMB to see how you can restore images manually from the UrBackup boot/restore disk pointing to any location where you may have pushed full OS images.

Thanks for it.

I think you can help me out. Is it possible to backup in a external harddrive for it?
And also are we able to restore the whole OS and files if we changed the current HDD to SSD?

Thanks

Yes and yes… whatever drive letter the external drive mounts as is what you will point the URBackup server backup directory.

If you have files and OS on “C” drive and you have a full image backup of it, then restoring that to a drive (SSD or HD) will restore everything from the bootable OS to all the files on that same drive.

If you have another drive which is not bootable, you can still image backup it too I suppose to when you restore the image the files restored will be from the point in time the image was taken.

Everything you are asking is possible but you have to play with the software, complete test backup and restores, and confirm you understand it and can complete the process and document everything.

Every environment is different so just make adjustments for your recovery strategy and just be sure the backup strategy you choose will suffice and you understand it, and you understand how to restore.

Learning the basic nagivation of the restore client tool and Linux commands would come in handy for you as well rather than relying strictly on the GUI and for recovery operations in particular.

If you have a onsey twosey home PC, etc. you’re fine. Just test and confirm but what you ask seems to all be possible from how I use this software.

I really appreciate your help. Thankyou very much. I am under testing devices, hope for the best.
Thanks a lot