Error starting file metadata download thread (Linux server, Win client)

We have a bunch of Linux clients backing up to a Linux UrBackup server. They’re going fine.

But one single Windows Server 2008R2 machine is giving us problems… It’s a recently installed OS, and we installed UrBackup straight after we got the OS set up. Image backups are going perfectly, but file backups fail almost every time with “Error starting file metadata download thread”.

Any tips?

Sorry you are having issues. To solve the problem the server and client (debug) log would be useful.
If possible, could you post it or send it?

This post describes how to change the client and server to debug logging, where it is stored and where to send it to if posting is not possible: Having problems with UrBackup? Please read before posting

Thanks!

I manually started a backup of the problem machine today when I arrived at work… This should be the logs of that time period.

server - urbackup.log (6.9 KB)
client - debug.log (211.9 KB)

Unfortunately didn’t give me an idea. Can you run Wireshark (https://www.wireshark.org/) while starting a file backup (either on the server or client but preferably both) and send me dump?

We had some other issues with the client involved, so we’ve rebuilt it and the problem seems to have gone away… I’m gonna blame Microsoft for this one :stuck_out_tongue: