2.1.1 Restore cd building

Hi community, i have been following this project and using it for a while now. I am very grateful for this project since it has helped me many times. I wanted to make restore cd with some modifications to it. But i was unable to boot the restore cd when i used the scripts provided here & sep 2014 attachment

This 2015 attachment also didnt boot and had same error thread link & here

So, i have been trying to use debian 8.10 os from information provided above threads. I have been getting i386 even though i have 64 bit machine and os. Not sure what is wrong as i havent built a live cd before. I went through debian live cd site as well for command tweaking but couldnt find any fix. I used the 2.2.x backend repo tag and i used the update_restore.sh built restore cd zip contents for binaries.

I tried the attachment from how to which didnt work and gave error E: Unable to locate package gnu-fdisk and 2 other errors like that which i couldnt find a solution after adding multiple non free distribution links for debian.

Then i tried the 2015 attachment found in threads but it still didnt boot. Also there is slight difference in files between restore cd thats created from 2.2.x update_restore.sh file and the wget -O restore_cd.tgz --no-cache http://buildserver.urbackup.org/restore_cd.tgz from urbackup.chroot file.

which is right one to use? i just want to boot the 2.1.1 exactly how it is first and then try to modify it a bit to add some custom options. since if it doesnt boot without modifications, i would know its not the modifications fault.

error is “kernel panic-not syncing vfs unable to mount root fs on unknown-block (0.0)”

There is also size difference as 2.1.1 cd is 280 mb and the one i created is 205.5mb
@uroni can you please provide the latest script for how to guide attachment file? or help me what i am doing wrong, spent whole sunday on it and got nowhere. thanks