ZFS setup questions

Hi,
first, thank you for this piece of software.

But I’m stuck in setting up ZFS for backing up files and images.

I’ve followed the steps described in 11.7.1 in the manual. Image backups do work, but file backups do not. I’m confused about the settings in /etc/urbackup/backupfolder and the backup storage path set in the gui. I’ve set both values to the same path wich do not work for the file backups but do work for the image backups. I’ve set up the datasets and mountpoints to match my enviroment.

Excerpt from the log:

Errors 15.10.20 11:01 Error creating empty file subvolume. "cannot mount ‘/media/BACKUP/hu/windows/S101-APP01’: directory is not empty
Errors 15.10.20 11:01 Cannot create directory /media/BACKUP/hu/windows/S101-APP01/201015-1101 for backup (server error). cannot mount ‘/media/BACKUP/hu/windows/S101-APP01’: directory is not empty
Errors 15.10.20 11:01 Backup failed

Any hint would be nice. Especially for the settings in /etc/urbackup/backupfolder and the backup path set in the gui.

Cheers

Knuuut

Ok, I’ve solved it by myself:

The path in /etc/urbackup/backupfolder and in the gui has to be the same, but must be different from the path of the zfs storage. Urbackup is creating symlinks into the backup path targeting to the zfs storage. I suggest to add this hint to the manual.

Cheers Knuuut