Wrong client version according to server

Hi all,

I’m seeing more oddities with server version 2.0.30 Rev. 1613a1fce2

On my list of clients, many clients that have updated to 2.0.29 are still showing client version 1.4.11. A few are showing correct, but several aren’t.

For example, I have one system - pn-office-1, @ the computer itself, the client states it’s 2.0.29. On the server client list, it shows 1.4.11.

I’ve also had to turn off auto-updates as I’m running into the error:
The program can’t start because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-I1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer.
on several computers that I’m still trying to figure out why it won’t work regardless of doing everything that’s been suggested on the net (only one thing left to try, wasn’t able to get the MS website to actually download a certain KB, but I was able to get it this morning - just haven’t tried it yet)

Make sure you have waited a few minutes for it to refresh the client version. If that does not help, you could restart the server.

This means Windows update is not working on those clients. This is bad for other reasons as well.

Hi.

I agree with Nethfel.
If “Client version” column on “Status” page (on Web GUI Urbackup-srv) is enabled (by default “Client version” column not show) then client version display as wrong.

In my case:
Urbackup-srv:
ver. - 2.3.8
OS - MS Windows Server 2016 Std
Urbackup-cli:
ver. - updated from 2.2.6 to 2.3.4
OS - MS Windows 7 Pro (64bit)

I show correct version (on srv in “Status” > “Client version” column) (after update urbackup-cli from 2.2.6 to 2.3.4) only after restart “UrBackup Client Service for Backups” on client machine and refrash Web GUI page Urbackup-srv.