Wrong backup size after running fileindex

Well I guess I need to rephrase this. What would cause the detected file size to be wrong. When I let it run thinking it would fix itself it backed up 2.3tb before I stopped it. That is twice as much as on the disks. My backup setting is set to ALL. Maybe I need to do a partition at a time or something. So does any one have a comment?

I just started with URBACKUP after many years on backuppc.
I have 7 machines being backed up a mix of win7, winxp, server 2008, Server 2012, and Windows 11.
I am not doing image backups.
My network is running at 1 gig.
All of these clients have done full file and a number of instrumentals without issue.
I have one (MY Newest Client) that cannot backup.
It is a Windows 11 computer with 32 g of memory
It has two 2 tb disks with a total of 5 partitions .One disk has 2 and the other has 3.
The used space is a little over 1 tb of the 4tb space available.
When indexing is complete it says that it will back up 12tb. and take 4 days.
I have uninstalled client multiple times and per one suggestion used the 2.4 version.
I have deleted the urbackup folder many times.
On the Server Ubuntu 22 with 16g of memory I have deleted this clients folder as well multiple times.
So I have done the same thing over and over expecting different results and have not gotten anything different so it is pretty obvious I need help and would appreciate any suggestions

If I click on log on the client I get this message;

Since you backup “all”. You don’t have a network share or something like that that gets included in the backup?

Symlinks comes to mind, if there is something looping so you make multiple backups of the same thing, but windows only has hardlinks correct?
Maybe play around with the folder options, symlinks_optional maybe?

What does the logs on the client say?

Sorry, can’t help much.

This is my latest Infos log… I have changed all to only do the C & E partitions to see what happens, I did that after this log posted.

My first idea was that it was going out onto our network and trying to back everything up But After looking at the logs it does not appear to be doing that.

Starting scheduled incremental file backup…
Scanning for changed hard links on volume of "E:"…
Indexing of “E” done. 1 filesystem lookups 7623 db lookups and 1 db updates
Scanning for changed hard links on volume of "F:"…
Indexing of “F” done. 1 filesystem lookups 1053 db lookups and 1 db updates
Scanning for changed hard links on volume of "G:"…
Indexing of “G” done. 5 filesystem lookups 22349 db lookups and 1 db updates
Scanning for changed hard links on volume of "H:"…
Indexing of “H” done. 6 filesystem lookups 10477 db lookups and 3 db updates
Scanning for changed hard links on volume of "K:"…
Indexing of “K” done. 19 filesystem lookups 7882 db lookups and 1 db updates
Scanning for changed hard links on volume of "C:"…
Error while getting files in folder “\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy20\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data”. Windows errorcode: 87. Access to root directory is gone too. Shadow copy was probably deleted while indexing.
Indexing files failed, because of error
Constructing of filelist of “E2K3” failed: error - index error
Backup had an early error. Deleting partial backup.

And all of these drives are correct?
All of these 5 drives are the ones you want to back up?

How do you set the locations to backup in file backup on the web gui? Do you just set it to ALL?
Have you tried specifying the drives/partitions exactly instead?

I have done it both ways c,e,f,g,h,k and ALL. it does not matter it acts the same either way.

You have to clarify more then because:

But I just realized there are 6 partitions, either you miss typed that, or there is some partition that should not be backed up.

But either way, I don’t have much input for you if you tried to backup the partitions instead of ALL.

Maybe try with one partition at a time. Start with C and then add one at a time and see the behavior. I think you can keep building incremental backups so if C succeeds and you add E for next backup, C should not be uploaded again bud E should be added.

Maybe you can figure out if it is just one partition or the backup iteslf that fails this way.

Yes you are right I forgot that the boot drive is a m2 drive on the mother board.

I am doing exactly that one drive at a time

Thank you very much I appreciate your trying

Eric

It happens. Good thing you remembered about the boot drive being m.2 on motherload.

Taking it one drive at a time sounds like a solid plan. By the way, have you considered incorporating a loop backup into your setup? Might provide some extra peace of mind! Keep up the good work!