Windows Client file backups -error 183

I have sucsesfully done a image backup. But I am getting a error on the file back up.
Here is the log file:

Starting full file backup...
Error getting volume path for :
Indexing of "" done. 64161 filesystem lookups 0 db lookups and 0 db updates
Rick-PC: Loading file list...
Rick-PC: Started loading files...
Creating directory  "S:\urbackup\Rick-PC\160329-1638\" failed. - errorcode=183
Waiting for file transfers...
Writing new file list...
Waiting for file hashing and copying threads...
Transferred 18.8154 MB - Average speed: 14.9862 MBit/s
Time taken for backing up client Rick-PC: 2m 22s
Backup failed
Exponential backoff: Waiting at least 40m before next file backup

Any idea on how to solve error 183? I didn’t see any mention of this.

Error getting volume path for :
Indexing of “” done. 64161 filesystem lookups 0 db lookups and 0 db updates

Are your file backups set to the correct path?

Where and and how should it be set?

Assuming 1.X Server:
Depending on how you have set up your server/client settings:

The server way that I know of is when you go into your server: http://urbackup.mywork.com/ (or however you have it set-up) and go into your Settings tab.

From the Settings Tab, Click the [Clients] drop-down next to your top options: [General | Mail | Users] [Clients]

Select your Rick-PC client; select the check-box to have different settings; under the File Backups tab (which should load by default) change your default directory to whatever path you want to backup. (Assuming, [C:] then put a C in the field.)

A long time since the original post, but I thought I’d share what I found in the hopes that someone else stumbling across the same problem comes here and finds this solution.

In my instance, the “error 183” was caused by the existence of two directories which shared the same name;
C:\dir1\ABC
C:\dir2\ABC

Because URBackup truncates the first part of the path, it was treating them both as the same directory - and failing when it came time to create the backup of the second one.

The solution to this is to give each directory its own alias, using individual client settings on the server as @ttrammell suggested - then URBackup will see them as differently-named directories and back up without issue;
C:\dir1\ABC|ABC1; C:\dir2\ABC|ABC2