Windows backup of non-VSS drive question

One of my storage drives doesn’t support VSS, and so naturally Urbackup gives a lot of warnings and errors of the types:

Errors 07/04/17 11:55 Starting snapshot set failed. Error code VSS_E_PROVIDER_VETO
Errors 07/04/17 11:55 Creating snapshot of "<Folder>" failed.

Warnings 07/04/17 11:55 <many services> has failure state VSS_WS_FAILED_AT_PREPARE_BACKUP with error VSS_E_WRITERERROR_TIMEOUT. UrBackup will continue with the backup but the associated data may not be consistent.

All the files in these folders appear to have been backed up as indicated, and all of them that I have tried open fine and seem completely intact. The data on this drive is essentially static, and will only ever be added to and never changed anyways.

My question is - is it safe to ignore these errors and warnings since the end backups are fine?

If yes, is there any way to suppress these since now all my backups throw a bunch of warnings and errors, as well as having a backup status of “completed with issues” and it will be very difficult to notice if any actual problems I need to take note of appears.

1 Like