Windows 2008 Server R2

Hello Guys,

I will explain my infrastructure a little bit so you can get a total understanding of what I am trying to do. I have 4 physical servers, a router 3 switches, and 4 vm servers, i have 3 Workstations of these only 3 have windows on them, Windows 2008 Server R2 is on a physical box, one is a Windows 7 wokrstation. The other 2 are an iSCSI server and one is a backup server for simplicity or so I thought.

I installed Urbackup server one the Windows 2008 Server R2 (this is completely updated with all service packs and updates) it works fine as I can see the web interface fine. How ever I installed the client on my Windows 7 workstation and the server sees it and says it’s connected. I have activated the internet communication. so now when I try to start a backup I get a failed to start backup, I have the paths all set where I want the backups to go, However I get this at the top of the web interface:

" The directory where UrBackup will save backups is inaccessible. Please fix that by modifying this folder in ‘Settings’ or by giving UrBackup rights to access this directory.(err_folder_not_found)"

Then here is how the rights to the path is setup for security:

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance,
Michael

Does the folder H:\Backups exist?

1 Like

UrBackup will not create the folder if it does not exist. You have to create the folder on your H: drive in order for it to be able to write to it.

Yes it does now, it is actually working. Thanks for your responses. I am now trying to figure out how to specify my paths for my linux clients.