Windows 10 Client - Full Machine Hang

I’m using the latest Block tracking client (CBT) and have started getting a complete hang on one of my clients. There are no error messages created, it is a total system hang that requires a power reset. I have other clients that are being backed up fine. All HW diagnostics pass on the laptop that fails.

I’m just wondering if anyone has experienced this before. Thanks!

Haven’t heard about this issue before, sorry about that… Are you using it in non-crash consistent mode? (the default)

If possible force a system crash when it hangs and send a system (mini-)dump Forcing a System Crash - Windows drivers | Microsoft Docs (and Enabling a Kernel-Mode Dump File - Windows drivers | Microsoft Docs ).

I cannot force a crash, the laptop is totally hung when this happens. This was happening once a week or so previously, it is only during the last few days that it is now every time it tries to backup. I scoured the Windows logs and don’t see any errors, the Lenovo diagnostics don’t show anything wrong. I also ran all the possible Windows OS troubleshooters and they come back clean.

Weird… I will play more this week to see if I can figure something out.

I cannot force a crash, the laptop is totally hung when this happens. This was happening once a week or so previously, it is only during the last few days that it is now every time it tries to backup. I scoured the Windows logs and don’t see any errors, the Lenovo diagnostics don’t show anything wrong. I also ran all the possible Windows OS troubleshooters and they come back clean.

Weird… I will play more this week to see if I can figure something out.

Since it is now happening every time the laptop tries to backup, you could try to use SysMon to capture the data you need for debugging.

Sysmon - Windows Sysinternals | Microsoft Docs.

Also, make sure that you have the latest system drivers, and that the laptop isn’t having a sleep/resume issue.