Very Slow Client Backup (50 KBit/s)

These 2 settings are mentioned in other threads that i am too lazy to find. They are located in the hardware configuration of the network card (driver settings):

• Windows congestion control (For me it’s the single most effective setting).
  • Various tcp offloading (i can’t pinpoint if that’s a vmware specific issue)

Hello uroni

Thanks! But I could not figure it out yet. I have disabled the on-access scanner (windows defender) on the server.

What can I change to get this to work? I have no problem accessing other files on the server over the network.

Also Crashplan worked without any problems on the same server and clients. But with UrBackup none of the clients managed to get a backup to even 10% after two month.

I really want to use UrBackup because the featureset seems very nice, but it is just not working at all :frowning:

Thanks! I completly ignored that option! :slight_smile:

I have the same issue but it full disk C, because I install this software in disk C when I started backup file temp, will be full disk C. Someone know how to move this file temp Please Help me thanks

One more reason and it is a logic one,

So, I had the same ~50 kbit/s problem and I checked any IT stuff (cables, protocols, firewalls) and everything was ok so I started to investigate what the hell is going on. In one sentence: it is not enough to set the speed in your client’s Settings you must go to the SERVER’s Settings and set the bandwith at any tab such Server, Local/Passive Clients, Internet/Active Clients. At the Advances tab you can also increase the “Maximum number of simultaneous jobs per client” and also you can increase the parallel tasks.