Version 2.x RPMs for RHEL

Any plans to create RPMs for version 2.x?

The current maintainer hasn’t updated the packages for a while. The position seems to be unfilled at the moment:

Thank you, I’ll give it a try

Uroni - do you have any documentation on how to create the RPM for 2.x. I can try to make the RPMs but if you have additional documentation that would speed up the processes.

You could start from the spec here: UrBackup Server 2.0.29 RC/Client 2.0.28 RC

The main problem is to keep it up to date and ideally for all the rpm distributions via OBS.

thanks

Hi, Uroni. I can try to build rpm package for UrBackup server on OBS. But i can do it at september.

Could you both create an account at build.opensuse.org and then go to https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:uroni/urbackup-server and “request role addition” “maintainer”, then update the spec there.

Ok, I sent request role maintainer on urbackup-server project. Please, confirm this request.

Hope it worked! I uploaded your spec file and fixed a few issues I could spot. But I haven’t tested on any system if it actually works the way it currently is.

Please don’t change the orig.tar.gz file name when you change anything because I have a script now that automatically updates that.

Does anybody have a spec file for the client?

Thanks everyone for the updated OBS page. I was able to install 2.0.33 with no problems on CentOS 7. Could the link on the downloads page be changed to http://software.opensuse.org/download.html?project=home%3Auroni&package=urbackup-server instead of the old link? Or if you use version control on the website I could submit a pull request.

Thanks for the feedback! Was waiting for confirmation that it actually works.

1 Like

Hi, Uroni. Sorry for my delay. I finished edit spec file of urbackup-server for SuSE Linux distributions. And I uploaded it to OBS.

Cool. Just be careful, people are using have added this repository and will upgrade (automatically) to new versions.

Don’t worry. I updated only spec file, but in begining with errors. I corrected errors and some SuSE rpm was built correctly.
Is it possible to run the command “configure” without a key —enable-embedded-cryptopp. In this case, is it possible to remove the libcryptopp-devel require?

Perferably the libcryptopp from the OS should be used. But I don’t remember if CentOS/RedHat had a cryptopp package…
With ---enable-embedded-cryptop it does not depend on cryptopp (so it does not build require libcryptopp-devel and depend on libcryptopp).

I branched your project on OBS. I’m testing new spec file on this branch now.

If I remember correctly, I had to install cryptopp on CentOS 7, so it’s probably not included by default.

On branched project https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:ralexn:branches:home:uroni/urbackup-server I am building all OpenSUSE distributions package witch success result. But on OpenSUSE Leap 42.2 (here I’m testing rpm) urbackup-server not started. Do You have any idea about this bug? All access granted for urbackup-server process for catalog /usr/share/urbackup/

systemctl start urbackup-server.service
systemctl status urbackup-server.service -l
● urbackup-server.service - UrBackup Client/Server Network Backup System
Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/urbackup-server.service; disabled; vendor preset: disabled)
Active: failed (Result: signal) since Вт 2017-01-24 17:41:52 MSK; 1s ago
Process: 12703 ExecStart=/usr/bin/urbackupsrv run --config /etc/sysconfig/urbackup-server --no-consoletime (code=killed, signal=ABRT)
Main PID: 12703 (code=killed, signal=ABRT)

янв 24 17:41:51 linux-gkun.suse systemd[1]: Started UrBackup Client/Server Network Backup System.
янв 24 17:41:52 linux-gkun.suse urbackupsrv[12703]: terminate called after throwing an instance of ‘CryptoPP::FileSink::OpenErr’
янв 24 17:41:52 linux-gkun.suse systemd[1]: urbackup-server.service: Main process exited, code=killed, status=6/ABRT
янв 24 17:41:52 linux-gkun.suse systemd[1]: urbackup-server.service: Unit entered failed state.
янв 24 17:41:52 linux-gkun.suse systemd[1]: urbackup-server.service: Failed with result ‘signal’.
янв 24 17:41:53 linux-gkun.suse urbackupsrv[12703]: what(): FileSink: error opening file for writing: urbackup/server_ident_ecdsa409k1.priv
linux-gkun:/home/driver #