UrBackupWinServer service stops during restore

Hello,

I have a remote site ® and have one UrBackup (32bit) with two client both Windows 2003. All backup on remote site completes with out any errors. I installed another UrBackup (32bit) locally (L) on a Windows 7 computer, I copied all the backup image as well as the backup database from the remote site to the local install. When I tried to restore these backup, I get a “can’t read MBR” error. Is there a work around on this or I’m doing this wrong. I’ve verified the server identity for both site match exactly.

Best regards and many thanks for your effort on this project.

Could be the backup storage path changed. Running cleanup.bat could fix this problem.

Running cleanup.bat fixed the issue and I was able to restore. However, the restored drive will not boot-up correctly. The Windows 2003 status screen show up for a few second and then system restarts the boot sequence looping. I’ve check for file and folder content via a USB drive caddy and all data are there. Source image is from a Dell 1950 server and the restore was done on a Dell Desktop. This is a test before we deploy in production.

Many thanks
Eng

Restore to different hardware is a difficult topic with Windows. Did you run the “Make Windows bootable on different hardware” option after the restore?

See In Progress;Testing required:Restoring to different hardware for more details.

Sometimes you probably have no other option then to do a Windows repair install.