Urbackup with sdwan like tailscale

Hi urbackup works fine internally no problems

but when i enable tailscale to get second ip on tailscale network, console shows “Error during server authentication” for online client and the IP shown for the client is my router Ip address, not Ip address of client?

can urbackup be locked down to a specific network card?

thanks

you can’t lock it to a network directly but if you know the route its going to take you add a route on the command line to force it to use the SDWAN. We have it running over Wireguard and Zerotier no problem

Unfortunately I don’t know where the problem is, but just want to confirm that I’m using UrBackup in internet mode over Tailscale and it works very well - both server and client side.

not too sure how to do this, but gave me idea to use the windows built in firewall to block urbackup traffic on the sdwan interfaces

thanks

hi, problem is only on windows client lan traffic as client is broadcasting over all network cards looking for urbackup servers, won’t happen in internet mode…

hmm … could you this if i can goto internet mode but use DNS so that the url goes to the local urbackup server :slight_smile:

I just wanted to chime in here with something I noticed. If you’re using Tailscale, and you have enabled use Tailscale subnets on the client, and the client is already physically connected to that subnet (without Tailscale) you will probably get Socket Error: 111 (connection refused) errors on the server.

This is a bug, I think, in Tailscale that doesn’t allow you to exclude subnet routes for networks that have the same CIDR range as the one you’re connected to physically. They try to do some hocus-pocus to make it work through funky network translation rules, but it generally doesn’t work very well. UrBackup seems to not like this setup at all (for local/passive clients). If you disable use Tailscale subnets on the client things should start working again. If you’re also running tailscale on the server, then you should probably also have --accept-routes disabled there.