Urbackup server in ContainerStation QNAP

Hi all

I have been a new User of Urbackup for a few days now. Tested urbackup 2.4.15 on Docker container station and QNAP NAS (QuTS Hero)

I make a container with the latest relase without errors. I add a client to complete the backup task successfully.
The problem occurs when I close the docker container or restart the container (from the menu in Container Station). after this time, the container will not start. and the container immediately shuts down.

logs from container in console Container Station
usermod: no changes 2022-08-05 08:44:50: Starting HTTP-Server on port 55414 2022-08-05 08:44:50: HTTP: Server started up successfully! usermod: no changes 2022-08-05 08:44:57: Starting HTTP-Server on port 55414 2022-08-05 08:44:57: HTTP: Server started up successfully!

I think there is some issue in database reading while the container is booting. When I delete all files in shared folder /var/urbackup (of course all data and config server is gone) the container start, with no error. web page are accessible but, as discribede above - with clean configuration.

How to diagnose which component (webserver or database engine or smotehing else) fail during startup.

Sorry for my poor English
Dewu

Edit:
I think I found a workaround and a cause. I have no solution. Before starting docker container, I need to delete the backup_server_files_db file located in the shared folder /var/backup mounted to the network share and everything starts. After the restart, however, it cannot be started again. What is in this file and what can cause these problems?

Are you creating your own image? Or are you using the one from here
https://hub.docker.com/r/uroni/urbackup-server

Why would you stop or restart the container? UrBackup is meant to run 24/7

Sure it is, but unplanned system downtime or just QTS updates would cause a container restart as well. Better solve this now than later under production use.

1 Like