UrBackup Server Crashing/Not Responding

I am running UrBackup Server Version 2.1.18, but the issue was occurring since 2.0.31 for sure. I am running UrBackup on Linux Ubuntu Server 14.04. The only function of the server is UrBackup.
Whenever I attempt to run more than one Internet Image Backup at a time, the server locks up overnight. The server lights still blink, but cannot access it through ssh or web interface. There is nothing in the logs around the time it locks up.
Is there a bug in the software or is my server not able to handle UrBackup?

Any information or help with this would be greatly appreciated!

Haven’t noticed this problem with my server but what are the specs of your server??

I have the same issue on my Debian Jessie with backport kernel and btrfs

If the OS locks up it is probably not UrBackup’s fault.

Linux will often dump stack traces to the console if it locks up.

I also often see urbackup running, and next day I try to connect, urbackup is not running, and then I can log into server over ssh and restart service, and everything looks normal for a day or some days.

Hello

@ressel

As he said look at the console. Had the same kind of issue it was due a bug in linux memory management causing oom.
But here can be many causes for the same symptom.

I agree. My server had run out of space due to an incorrect quota and had crashed Urbackup as well.

Hello,

My urbackup vm crashes quite often now, and in VM I see this kernel panic.
Can you point me in direction how to solve this?

system is Debian Jessie with backport kernel running btrfs volume on 2 x 6tb disk in raid1

I still have this issue very often. My server crashes sometime overnight everynight.

1 Like

Having the same issue in 2023, works perfect on a windows server, but if Urbackup server is sitting idle for 20 mins, maybe less, I no longer can access the web ui and have to reboot my linux box. This happened on Ubuntu “non-desktop” (lite) and Raspian Lite