UrBackup Server/Client/Restore 2.0.0 beta

hi,
tried to upgrade 1.4.13 with 2.0.x on a windows 2008 server and the windows service does not start anymore.

Faulting application urbackup_srv.exe, version 0.0.0.0, time stamp 0x56b9cccb, faulting module api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.d, version 6.0.6002.18881, time stamp 0x51da3d16, exception code 0xc0000135, fault offset 0x00000000000b6fc8, process id 0x490, application start time 0x01d16f4ee232727f.

arollback to 1.4.13 works fine

Thanks uroni for the new updates!

Once version 2 has become stable, will you be applying the commits to the ā€˜nextā€™ branch in github? This way we can see what are the modifications we need to make to version 1 of the source code in order to ā€˜upgradeā€™ to version 2.

Or do we have to recompile the new version 2 source code from scratch?

So, I have a bunch of specialty XP clients which run specialized software (such as CNC control software) which cannot be upgraded without replacing the specialized equipment ($$$). I know XP is long out of support, but if there is a way we get get these backed up, it would be super awesome. Iā€™ve tried using the 1.4.11 client with a 2.0.8 server, but have been having issues with getting image backups working (I will post details in a separate post).

I ran DependancyWalker for UrBackupClient.exe and UrBackupBackend.exe on a fully updated XP VM and it said the following DLLs were missing:

api-ms-win-core-delayload-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-core-io-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-core-localregistry-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-core-misc-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-downlevel-advapi32-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-downlevel-ole32-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-downlevel-shlwapi-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-security-lsalookup-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-security-sddl-l1-1-0.dll
cryptbase.dll
cryptsp.dll
dui70.dll
dwmapi.dll
IEShims.dll
sspicli.dll
wer.dll
werui.dll

These DLLs donā€™t natively exist in XP.

Iā€™ve zipped up Dependency Walker image files here:

UrBackup.zip.txt (1.4 MB)

Rename from .txt to .zip to unzip them.

If there is any other info I can provide, please let me know :wink:

Just use 1.4.13. It still supports XP. You will not be able to upgrade to the 2.x release though.

The reason Iā€™m using 2.x server is for ā€œsynthetic full image backupsā€ support for off-site image backupsā€¦ sorry, I should have stated that in my last post.

I am getting these errors too but I cant run a full file backup as it is an internet client. Is there any other way to get rid of the errors?