Most of the changes are described in the blog:
The Linux command line interfaces have been redesigned since then as well.
- Mac OS X version
- UEFI/GPT testing
- Update documentation
(will be kept up to date)
- Pausing/Unpausing does not cause the icon color to change
- About page on web interface does not work yet
Compatibility with prior versions
- 2.x server with 1.4.x client full compatibility (please report issues)
- 2.x client with 1.4.x server works only in local network mode (not via internet mode)
- Older client/server combinations may work but were not tested
- 1.x restore does not work with 2.x servers (improved login method)
As always: Replace the executables and the database of the server/client will be updated on first running it. As always downgrading the database version after upgrading it is not possible, so you should backup the old database files especially since this is a beta.
Because of the improved file deduplication and statistics calculation the largest server table has to be completely rebuild. This may take a few hours depending on how many file entries you have. It will show the progress on the web interface but is not usable during the upgrade process.
- The wrapper scripts
start_urbackup_clienthave been removed. Please use the executable directly
- The executable has been renamed to
urbackup_srv), the client to
- There is a new command line interface for the client
- All the plugins are now statically linked into one executable. This simplifies the compilation, debugging and packaging on Linux
Run the UrBackup server on Linux with e.g.
urbackupsrv run --loglevel debug
- Server: https://limitingfactor.urbackup.org/Server/2.0.0%20beta/
- Client: https://limitingfactor.urbackup.org/Client/2.0.0%20beta/
- Restore: https://limitingfactor.urbackup.org/Restore/2.0.0/
@BlackHawkDesign Web API changes from the last version I gave you: I changed the login mechanism to use stronger encryption and all the dates are returned as unix timestamps now