UrBackup Server 2.1.2 beta/Client 2.1.2 beta

Major changes with server 2.1.x beta

• Groups for client settings
  • Ability to reconnect during indexing if connection is broken
  • Define which volumes need to be snapshotted together (snapshot groups)

Major changes with client 2.1.x beta

• Ability to reconnect during indexing if connection is broken
  • Improved image backup performance
  • Windows Backup API support (tested backup and restore with Microsoft SQL, tested backup with Microsoft Exchange and Hyper V)
  • File backups and restores use the change block data from the change block tracking driver now (you can install the beta client over a CBT client and this will work)
  • Define which volumes need to be snapshotted together (snapshot groups)

Changes with server 2.1.2 beta

• Use default Windows components settings per default
  • Show configured Windows components even if “separate settings for this client” is not checked
  • Put files into backup folders after backup storage synchronization and recover from those files missing by deleting the backups on startup
  • Delete interrupted backups on recovery on server startup
  • Increase default number of max clients and simultaneous backups
  • Fix race condition in image snapshot group backup
  • Fix ending script with queuing

Changes with client 2.1.2 beta

• Use correct path as snapshot origin when removing snapshot (fixes Linux snapshot removal in some cases)
  • Fix client-side sparse file hashing
  • Fix double-free on Windows VSS error

Upgrade process

As always: Replace the executables (via the installers) and the database of the server/client will be updated on first running it.

Place the files from the update directory into C:\Program Files\UrBackupServer\urbackup or /var/urbackup to auto-update clients. Disable Download client from update server in the server settings to prevent the server from downloading the current version.

On Linux e.g. with:

cd /var/urbackup && wget -r -l1 --no-parent --reject "index.html*" -nH -nd -N "https://ssl.webpack.de/beta.urbackup.org/Client/2.1.2%20beta/update/"

Downgrade process (server)

Stop the UrBackup server, restore C:\Program Files\UrBackupServer\urbackup or /var/urbackup from a backup before upgrade and then install the previous version over the beta release.

Downloads

Download page is down.

Hi,

Question: while startup-recovery runs does it block client connections?

Urbackup server 2.1.2 beta rebooted before it completed 3 client backups now it is doing a startup-recovery under activities but no clients are showing online as yet and its been up for about 20min

Edit: Ok startup-recovery finished and clients are now showing online so must be the case

Hoster fixed it just now.

Yes, please tell me if this is too much of a problem – 20min is a lot of time…

Hi Uroni,

Not really a problem was just wondering if it was an issue or not as I also changed out the main Router at the same time and wasn’t sure if the client connection issue was related to it or the startup-recovery.

PDF button on first page, the result in pdf is not nice.
this is how it looks:

1 Like

I’m seeing these errors from the terminal… I’m using fastcgi and have the internal http server disabled. Not sure if these are indicative of something I should be worried about. :slight_smile:

2016-10-10 12:57:20: Starting scheduled incremental file backup…
2016-10-10 13:10:56: Send failed in OutputCallback ec=32
2016-10-10 13:10:56: Sending data failed
2016-10-10 13:10:56: Error sending via FastCGI -3
2016-10-10 13:10:56: Send failed in OutputCallback ec=32

Also more testing results it looks like the Archive page for the Group doesn’t allow the setting of more than one archive condition (nor does it save the entered condition)