UrBackup Server 2.1.0 beta/Client 2.1.0 beta

Major changes with server 2.1.0 beta

• Groups for client settings
  • Ability to reconnect during indexing if connection is broken
  • Define which volumes need to be snapshotted together (snapshot groups)

Major changes with client 2.1.0 beta

• Ability to reconnect during indexing if connection is broken
  • Improved image backup performance
  • Windows Backup API support (tested backup and restore with Microsoft SQL, tested backup with Microsoft Exchange and Hyper V)
  • File backups and restores use the change block data from the change block tracking driver now
  • Define which volumes need to be snapshotted together (snapshot groups)

Upgrade process

As always: Replace the executables (via the installers) and the database of the server/client will be updated on first running it.

Place the files from the update directory into C:\Program Files\UrBackupServer\urbackup or /var/urbackup to auto-update clients. Disable Download client from update server in the server settings to prevent the server from downloading the current version.

On Linux e.g. with:

cd /var/urbackup && wget -r -l1 --no-parent --reject "index.html*" -nH -nd -N "https://ssl.webpack.de/beta.urbackup.org/Client/2.1.0%20beta/update/"

Downloads

Dear uroni,
Will you post the source code on Github for 2.1.0.0 ?

Thanks,

I am getting the following message despite being on 2.1.0 now. You have some string comparison issues in your web interface, I do believe.

Also, for the CSV and copy to clipboard functions for tables, it would be nice to have the computer name as part of the CSV or table copy. The information is really not that useful without it.

1 Like

Downloaded and running first backup test. like the CSV and copy to Clipboard but as john3354 has said would be useful to have computer name.

Agreed with john3354 and marveltec.

Client Updates are not downloadable exept Windows. The sh files are beeing executed on the Webserver…
Doh! :wink:

Thanks for the hint! Fixed.

Hi,

Keep getting the following log error messages for remote incr backups of clients

Errors 16/09/18 20:38 Getting changed block data from volume C: failed: Incorrect function. (code: 1)

backups complete with warning Server/Client 2.1.0 Beta

Did you figure out what was going on?
I’d like to upgrade for the new features but don’t want to break things…

I think it just incorrectly tries to do something with CBT even if that is not available. Should not cause any problems (except for the error message). Will be fixed…

I’ll upgrade at the weekend then.
The reconnect during indexing, Windows Backup API and CBT file backups should make this amazing software even better.

Thanks again!

Hi Uroni,

thank you for the feedback

Really good news @Uroni, especially the snapshot groups feature !

When do you plan to release the 2.1-cbt client version ?

Regards,

Upgrading my test server and clients from 2.0.33 to 2.1.0 : ok.
Add a new client with one C: volume, ok.
Starting new client full image backup job fails with error :

Starting full image backup...
Backing up System Reserved (SYSVOL) partition failed. Image backup failed
Time taken for backing up client SV304: 1s
Backup failed

Rebooting the client doesn’t help.

Debian 8 with BTRFS storage

Which values are supported by these fields ?

Found the bug.
In group settings is missing the “Enable internet mode” check box parameter:

“Classic” CLIENT settings view :

“Group” settings view :

“Member of group” settings view :

Notice the unchecked “Enable internet mode” …

Regards,

1 Like

Is this a “file backup” feature or “Image backup” feature ?
Could you give us more informations about this feature ?

Thanks.

Regards,

Hi,

Ok I’m having an issue with a Windows 2008 R2 SBS client keeps adding Exchange/SQL Server and Public Folder Database to component backup even if i deselect everything and “OK” it no change also adds the folders under the folders for URbackup to backup and if i also try removing them there no change. (this was the default i never asked any components to be added to backup)

Client can change Component settings tick is selected on Server

there is no place to change Components on Server settings Either (per client)

Getting massive Imaging problems with the 2.1 Beta…
In the middle of the imageing the following error occurs and the process is aborted
Error on client occurred: Error while reading from shadow copy device (1). Timeout while reading block from disk
had no problems at all with imges on 2.0.33/2.0.34
Also clients try to use CBT although this is not activated in the webinterface