UrBackup Server 2.0.38 RC (updated)/Client 2.0.36 RC (updated)

Changes with server 2.0.37 RC

• Do not connect while a ping/pong packet is in flight with internet client
  • Allow selection of VHD files from multiple directories when selecting VHD files for assembling
  • Fix sending settings issue
  • Fix getting free space with files with back-slash on Linux
  • Fix “ignore disk errors” not being displayed correctly for clients
  • Properly quote service image path in NSIS installer

Changes with server 2.0.38 RC

• Reverted: Properly quote service image path in NSIS installer. Will be fixed with 2.1.x
  • Fix database backup. Was broken since 2.0.35

Changes with client 2.0.35 RC

• Fix timeout issue with connection encryption
  • Fix sysconf path in client scripts
  • Do not remove shadow copies for image backup after client restart if there are multiple concurrent jobs
  • Read computer name from default setting as fallback
  • Set internet client to not connected if no internet servers are configured
  • Output more detailed error information in sysvol_test
  • Prevent uninitialized device type on error in SYSVOL search
  • Use proper param string escape function to fix e.g. adding paths with ‘+’ in them
  • Fix issue with single file backup being a symbolic link
  • Properly quote service image path in NSIS installer
  • Fix default includes when selecting the second option (backup only documents, pictures, …) in wizard
  • Fix enable_internet_only.bat on Windows

Changes with client 2.0.36 RC

• Reverted: Properly quote service image path in NSIS installer. Will be fixed with 2.1.x

Upgrade process

As always: Replace the executables (via the installers) and the database of the server/client will be updated on first running it.

Place the files from the update directory into C:\Program Files\UrBackupServer\urbackup or /var/urbackup to auto-update clients. Disable Download client from update server in the server settings to prevent the server from downloading the current version.

On Linux e.g. with:

cd /var/urbackup && wget -r -l1 --no-parent --reject "index.html*" -nH -nd -N https://www.urbackup.org/downloads/Client/2.0.36/update/

Downloads

hello

Just noticed that on v2.0.34.0 the linux scripts shebang is a #!/bin/sh
the scripts in /usr/local/share/urbackup/scripts/
I think it s better to use #!/bin/bash , or at least specify the intended shell
because it s linked to dash on ubuntu for example and both don t behave the same

Does it not work with dash?

on some servers it exit at the first test and on some other ones it exit after the last one (4th)

really if on some exotic system it s aliased to csh or another thing the scripts will explode.
it is always better to specifiy a specific shell

No, there is a shell standard and the scripts should be such that they work in all shells that work with that standard. If there is a specific issue please report it.

1 Like

I just created my first new client with 2.0.35 and the client exe file did not install the windows service. This install was done on a new laptop, so no previous client exe was installed prior to 2.0.35. To fix it, I simply downloaded the generic client 2.0.34 from the download site. I then installed version 2.0.34 over 2.0.35 without uninstalling the newer version. It seems to work fine, and the client auto updated to 2.0.35.

Thanks for reporting the problem. I rolled back the change that caused this with client 2.0.36.

I think there is a typo in the download link. It looks like the usual link should end in /update/. However, this time you had a typo and it is now /urbackup/.
:slight_smile:

Fixed. Thanks.

uroni,
will you post the 2.0.36RC source on GitHub? I saw 2.0.38RC Server, but not 2.0.36RC Client and frontend-wx.
Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.