UrBackup Server 2.0.35 RC/Client 2.0.34 RC

Changes with server 2.0.35 RC

• Fix password reset on Windows
  • Do not close SQLite database file after opening it e.g. during database backup. Fixes SQLite IO errors/database corruption when accessing database with other programs like the sqlite shell
  • Fix failed snapshot parsing with Linux/MacOS clients

Changes with client 2.0.34 RC

• Update snapshot start time when resuming image backup (prevents snapshot timeout)
  • Allow symbolic link exclusions
  • Interpret time_since_last_lan_connection as int64 in GUI and command line clients to prevent integer overflow and resulting parse error

Upgrade process

As always: Replace the executables (via the installers) and the database of the server/client will be updated on first running it.

Place the files from the update directory into C:\Program Files\UrBackupServer\urbackup or /var/urbackup to auto-update clients. Disable Download client from update server in the server settings to prevent the server from downloading the current version.

On Linux e.g. with:

cd /var/urbackup && wget -r -l1 --no-parent --reject "index.html*" -nH -nd -N https://www.urbackup.org/downloads/Client/2.0.34/update/

Downloads

I upgraded both the server and clients (2.0.35 and 2.0.34 respectively) yesterday. I have not had any issues so far, but I will report back if that changes.

I updated the server yesterday, running in a FreeNAS jail, and it’s fine so far.
The client that downloads from the server is still 2.0.33 so can’t comment as yet.