UrBackup Server 2.0.34 RC/Client 2.0.33 RC

Changes with server 2.0.34

• Fix compatibility with older btrfs command versions
  • Add missing web interface fonts to Windows server .exe installer
  • Fixed settings retrieval from client on Windows servers
  • Security fix: Send server public key to new clients
  • Build armhf Debian package with -mfpu=vfp

Changes with client 2.0.32

• Create directories only if not already present and fix directory permission bits in Linux client installer
  • Fixed full sparse file transfer resume with Windows client
  • Fixed full sparse file transfer with non-sparse extents longer than 4GB
  • Fix: Use cache for user account tokens

Upgrade process

As always: Replace the executables (via the installers) and the database of the server/client will be updated on first running it.

Place the files from the update directory into C:\Program Files\UrBackupServer\urbackup or /var/urbackup to auto-update clients. Disable Download client from update server in the server settings to prevent the server from downloading the current version.

On Linux e.g. with:

cd /var/urbackup && wget -r -l1 --no-parent --reject "index.html*" -nH -nd -N https://www.urbackup.org/downloads/Client/2.0.33/update/

Downloads

Windows Server 2012 R2 with Wn 7 pro clients. Was running 2.0.33/client 2.0.32. This is my first time trying the RC and Update directory process. Started a backup manually with the old client before that set was auto-updated. I was watching the live log and noticed the backup failed with “client disconnected” in the middle of a file transfer. Looks like the client version update process doesn’t check for activity before blowing away the old client.

I know most people won’t try this, so not an urgent bug. Urbackup works so well normally that I’m checking the abnormal stuff.

All the clients updated automatically in a few minutes, so I tested network speed limits and balancing with four simultaneous image backups. Queued 4, but the max backup setting was 3, so 1 was held. I changed the limit to 5 and all 4 were now backing up. Even the old XP client took its proper 1/4 share of the specified bandwidth, following along when I increased it on the fly.

Thanks for a solid product. Looking forward to what’s next. --Don

I’m testing both these RC’s and after a couple hours only one of my several clients has updated to 2.0.33 I have replaced the previous version’s /Update directory files in /urBackup. I’ve also restarted a couple of my 2.0.32 clients (as well as the 2.0.34 RC server but no luck.