UrBackup Server 2.0.32 RC/Client 2.0.31 RC

Changes with server 2.0.32

• Fix symbolic replay accounting
  • Stop server installation on WinXP/Win2003 with NSIS installer
  • Changed default reporting from address from “report@urbackup.org” to “report@urbackup.example.com
  • Fix vhd mounting (untested)
  • Do not run db backup if backup storage folder equals working directory
  • Log cleanup to cleanup processes
  • Fix one big endian issue
  • Fix directory to directory symlink change causing incremental backup failures
  • Escape metadata filenames while deleting in hash snapshot
  • Changed a few log messages
  • Correctly handle symlinks in ZIP file download
  • Do not move directories above symbolic links into to directory pool

Changes with client 2.0.31

• Changed/added a few log messages
  • Fix symlink directory restore on Linux/Mac
  • Fixed memory leaks
  • Use default name when adding directory and no name is given in urbackupclientctl
  • Skip setup wizard on silent install
  • Fix internet_only batch file

Upgrade process

As always: Replace the executables (via the installers) and the database of the server/client will be updated on first running it.

Place the files from the update directory into C:\Program Files\UrBackupServer\urbackup or /var/urbackup to auto-update clients. Disable Download client from update server in the server settings to prevent the server from downloading the current version.

On Linux e.g. with:

cd /var/urbackup && wget -r -l1 --no-parent --reject "index.html*" -nH -nd -N https://www.urbackup.org/downloads/Client/2.0.31/update/

Downloads

Configuration: Server 2.0.32 [Debian 8.5/BTRFS] Client 2.0.30 [Win 7x64]

Have been getting the following for 1 client since upgrading the server from 2.0.30:

WARNING: Restarting shadow copy of C:\ because it was
started by this server

ERROR: Error deleting metadata file
“/data/urbackup/[CLIENT PC]/160801-0448/.hashes/C/Users/Default/Cookies/.dir_metadata”. Not a directory (code: 20)

ERROR: Fatal error during backup. Backup not completed

How to fix?

Thanks for the hint. Could be a change from directory symlink to directory. Could you confirm that? That is in the last backup Users/Default/Cookies is a symlink and now it is a directory on the client?

I don’t have direct access to the client, so I can’t check the directory… I did a full file backup and then an incremental file backup which seems to have resolved the issue.

Hi,

I see this RC has been officially released but i notice auto update server/client links still not pointing to correct release.

so clients are not auto updating

I know. Unfortunately that cannot be fixed now and has to be fixed with the next version.

@uroni, wanted a clarification - to update Linux UrBackup server when it was built from source, do I need to remove the old one first?