Server: Centos 7
Client: Centos 7
Hi, I have a problem. I would like to restore the backup copies after reinstalling the operating system in client.
The scheme of operation:
- I am restoring the system snapshot with proxmox.
- I run the urbackup client.
- I am trying to restore copies of files.
Starting restore failed: ERR
Can you restore files after reinstalling the operating system?
Most likely the client/hostnames need to be the sames.
If you have trouble restoring in commandline, you can also try to configure the client with server-confirm, then use the web ui.
Did you install the client from the web interface? Otherwise it cannot access old backups.
When the client is installed on a new system from the web interface, does it get access to restore components as well (mssql in particular)?
Not sure about mssql, but I was doing some testing, and was getting similar errors. After a reboot or two, and more tinkering it eventually found the old backups and restored using the reinstalled UrBackup Client.
I was testing by:
- Snapshot hyper-v machine
- install UrBackup client and run backup
- restore to snapshot
- Make sure UrBackup Client connected to server (using the “download client function” in the UrBackup Server web interface)
- try to restore using server interface or right-click systray and Access/Restore Files.