UrBackup prevents spin down of hard drive

Hi,

I moved my backup storage path using the migration tool from UrBackup on a server running Debian 10. The migration moved the storage from an ext4 file system to a btrfs filesystem on another drive. The strange thing is, that after the migration UrBackup is preventing the spin down of the drive. Using fatrace I found these activities:

urbackupsrv(1099): RCO /srv/dev-disk-by-label-main/UrBackup/Lenovo/.directory_pool/xu
urbackupsrv(1099): RCO /srv/dev-disk-by-label-main/UrBackup/Lenovo/.directory_pool/zN
urbackupsrv(1099): RO /srv/dev-disk-by-label-main/UrBackup/Tiger
urbackupsrv(1099): RC /srv/dev-disk-by-label-main/UrBackup/Tiger
urbackupsrv(1099): O /srv/dev-disk-by-label-main/UrBackup/inode_db/inode_db.lmdb-lock
urbackupsrv(1099): RO /srv/dev-disk-by-label-main/UrBackup/inode_db/inode_db.lmdb
urbackupsrv(1099): R /srv/dev-disk-by-label-main/UrBackup/inode_db/inode_db.lmdb
urbackupsrv(1099): O /srv/dev-disk-by-label-main/UrBackup/inode_db/inode_db.lmdb
urbackupsrv(1099): CW /srv/dev-disk-by-label-main/UrBackup/inode_db/inode_db.lmdb
urbackupsrv(1099): CW /srv/dev-disk-by-label-main/UrBackup/inode_db/inode_db.lmdb-lock

Is this due to btrfs? How to stop it?

Thanks

ok, looks like I fixed it. Somehow the new backup location was also still linked to the old backup location.
What I did:

• changed the backup path in /etc/urbackup/backupfolder to point at the new location
  • renamed the old backup location
  • removed the “migrate_storage_to” file
  • stoped urbackup server
  • remove unkown
  • restart urbackup server

Now all disks spin down as expected.

Not sure if all of these steps are needed or if I was just impatient.

The migration tool continues to run because backups may still be added to the old storage location. Thus the tool continues to synchronize the old and new locations until the process is stopped as you described.

1 Like