Urbackup client works on WiFi but not working on Ethernet

Hello,
Windows 10, Urbackup client 2.4.11.
BackupServer 2.4.13 installed in local network in Docker.
When Windows 10 laptop connected via Ethernet, client status “Server unreachable”.
When Windows 10 laptop connected via WiFi adapter, client connected to backup server and works.

WiFi and Ethernet is in the same network. Firewall on laptop disabled.
Any ideas what’s wrong ?

This screenshot from client connected via WiFi

urbackup-error

Many things possible. Here are some thing you can check. Did you disable wifi when connected to ethernet? Check if ipv6 enabled on ethernet (suggest disable). do a netstat -nr at a command prompt and check the routing table.

Did you disable wifi when connected to ethernet?

yes

Check if ipv6 enabled on ethernet (suggest disable).

I will check.

do a netstat -nr at a command prompt and check the routing table.

I don’t think that problem is in routing table. Because other services works on both connections.

I don’t know which interface would use UrBackup client if PC has 2 interfaces at same network (as wifi and ethernet). I didn’t see any information about it at the documentation. May be @uroni write answer about it.

One of the possible problems:
UrBackup server discovers clients only in the same sub-network. Server sends UDP broadcasts for discovery by 35623 udp. Broadcast messages from UrBackup server goes only in same sub-network. Client listen it and answers.

Documentation: 5 Client discovery in local area networks

Probably your wireless interface gets this broadcast first and answers first.

Try to:
Disable your wireless device at device manager. After it your OS will see only one ethernet interface.
Disable FW.
Reboot PC and check it again.
If UrBackup server will see this client you will know that problem not at the your ethernet interface.

If it help enable your wireless interface, enable FW.
Block UDP ports 35622, 35623 only for wireless interface at windows FW.
After it UrBackup server can’t connect to your wireless interfaces.