Urbackup + AWS Storage Gateway NFS fileshare

Hello,

I installed Urbackup server on a Windows machine and created an AWS Storage Gateway to S3 VM to create an NFS mount. I’ve managed to set Urbackup to look into the NFS drive however I am getting the following error:

Log:

2023-12-15 19:15:37: ERROR: Creating junction failed. Last error=50
2023-12-15 19:15:37: ERROR: Creating symbolic link from “\?\UNC\MY_IP\s3-folder\folder\testfolderHvfgh—dFFoeRRRf_link” to “\?\UNC\MY_IP\s3-folder\folder\testfolderHvfgh—dFFoeRRRf” failed with error 50

I’ve set up the NFS drive in Urbackup with the following convention:

\MY_IP\s3-bucket\folder

I’ve tried starting the Urback up server as admin but it feels like it doesn’t do anything. I am at a loss on what to do.

Any help would be deeply appreciated.

Depending on if the storage gateway implements symlinks with SMB using that might be better (from Windows). Or use UrBackup on Linux.

You can disable the use of symlinks for incremental backups with a setting ( Use symlinks during incremental file backups). But it’ll still have problems with symlink backups.

Since you are paying for the AWS Storage Gateway anyways maybe the Infscape UrBackup Appliance might be something to look into. It can backup to S3 with local cache.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, I managed to change the storage gateway from NFS to SMB, however I am getting the following error now:

Don’t really understand since I installed under an admin user, makes no sense.