Urbackup appliance (latest version, hyperv)

I went to log into my backup server, and noticed that I get a

This site can’t be reached

192.168.1.35 refused to connect.
ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

After rebooting and doing some looking around I found a backup endpoint, and it’s working just fine and can backup.

I am assuming backups are happening, and I just get into the web interface.

Atttached is the app.log

Thanks

app.log (50.5 KB)

I can see my people are still backuping up, but I still cant get into the webinterfrace to recover, or if see if anyone has not been backing up like they should

Can you see an error message in the web console when you browse the the web interface ( CTRL+SHIFT+I)?

I can but its not very helpful. When hitting CTRL+SHIFT+I it opens chrome uhh… inspect the thing. Web console?

Index source says No resource with given URL found. No real error messages.

Anything?

Im going on about a month without logging on to my urbackup server and seeing if anyone is not backing up and I am running the risk of not being able to recover.

Sorry, I couldn’t find any issues in the log file, so I think it must be something w.r.t. to the web interface in the browser – no idea what.

Use that key combination, switch to the “console” tab and copy&paste all message here. Refreshing and copy&pasing responses in the networking tab would be helpful as well.

The console tab has nothing. Networking (after refresh really doesnt show much)

So its probably more like an issue with the creation of the website?

Yeah, it would seem like either apache doesn’t run (see systemctl status apache2 via ssh root), or you’re trying to access the wrong IP.

Status shows its up and running. I thought of the wrong IP, for just a second… but naaa… I got that right.

root@demi:/home/admin# systemctl status apache2
● apache2.service - The Apache HTTP Server
Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/apache2.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
Active: active (running) since Fri 2021-01-08 01:09:12 UTC; 6 days ago
Process: 24664 ExecReload=/usr/sbin/apachectl graceful (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
Process: 919 ExecStart=/usr/sbin/apachectl start (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
Main PID: 993 (apache2)
CGroup: /system.slice/apache2.service
├─ 993 /usr/sbin/apache2 -k start
├─24672 /usr/sbin/fcgi-pm -k start
├─24673 /usr/sbin/apache2 -k start
└─24674 /usr/sbin/apache2 -k start

Jan 10 06:25:01 demi systemd[1]: Reloading The Apache HTTP Server.
Jan 10 06:25:02 demi systemd[1]: Reloaded The Apache HTTP Server.
Jan 11 06:25:01 demi systemd[1]: Reloading The Apache HTTP Server.
Jan 11 06:25:01 demi systemd[1]: Reloaded The Apache HTTP Server.
Jan 12 06:25:01 demi systemd[1]: Reloading The Apache HTTP Server.
Jan 12 06:25:01 demi systemd[1]: Reloaded The Apache HTTP Server.
Jan 13 06:25:01 demi systemd[1]: Reloading The Apache HTTP Server.
Jan 13 06:25:01 demi systemd[1]: Reloaded The Apache HTTP Server.
Jan 14 06:25:01 demi systemd[1]: Reloading The Apache HTTP Server.
Jan 14 06:25:01 demi systemd[1]: Reloaded The Apache HTTP Server.
root@demi:/home/admin#

So I am needing to add some new clients but I cant.

bump

I been dead in the water for a while now…

I’d be looking at the connectivity & any firewall rules between the host & hyperv machine checking on both, since the apache service appears to be running & you’re getting connection refused, I can’t help with troubleshooting that since I don’t use hyperv.

I’ve no idea what’s available inside the appliance either, if there’s any sort of browser, or if you could even temporarily install one, you could see if that loads the interface, which would tend to support my speculation if it will.

Btw. did you upgrade. Login via ssh/console + sudo urbackupsrv update.

If ls -lh /media/backup/internal shows a recent internal backup the best option might be to reinstall the appliance system.

I talked to a friend of mine whose way better at this than I am and he ssh’ed into my box and had a look.

So disclosure. I did this to myself (but I am not to dumb to know who to be mad at right?). I believe I did an apt-get upgrade and NOT an apt-get update like I wanted to.

Packages broke, and lets encrypt is not pulling a cert like it should, and without a cert in place the port forwarding does work is the best I can regurtate the info.

I did do an urbackupsrv update, but I am already on the latest.

ls -lh /media/backup/internal didn’t show much.

Thanks