Updated compile instructions

Im trying also to compile the client, but i cant download the Deps, I get “forbidden” from apache on this link:
http://buildserver.urbackup.org/git/urbackup_deps_client/

Is that the right location?

It is not a webpage. It is a git repo.

You got me there :slight_smile: I download the backend and frontend using their URL, then Github Desktop opens and I got all sources.
With this one for Deps doesnt work that way.
Sorry, im trying to learn how to use it and i cant figure out how.
Thanks

If you have git installed, just run the update_deps.bat file and it will do it for you.

where can I file that .bat file?

In the repo for the backend.

running. lets give it a few min. :slight_smile:

It may take an hour or so. Perhaps longer. Be patient.

@manuel2002m and @rtrevino, were you able to get it to compile properly?

:frowning: Unfortunately no, and I was stuck with work for the last few days. Im planning to start all over tonight. I dont have much experience with this, I wanted to use the URbackup project as learning tool and see if they were parts I could contribute. Ill get to it tonight or tomorrow night. Thanks for asking, if you have any advise for me it will be welcomed. Im using Windows 10 on a VM and I have pristine snapshots so I can revert and install VS again, plus whatever is needed. Unfortunately I was not able to follow the instructions, I guess too inexperienced for the level they were written for.

I learn by doing. I would suggest running in to errors and trying to fix them yourself. When you hit an impasse, come back and ask and I will try to help you over the hurdle.

You will retain better if you fix your own mistakes. But, feel free to document the stopping points for future people.

Hello, I’m trying to compile the client (no experience).
You can help me with this error:
“Error in script” C: \ urbackup \ urbackup_backend-dev \ client \ / backback.nsi “on line 194 - aborting creation process”
The error is caused by no “data \ fileservplugin.dll” exists. The script calls other non-existent files.
Where can I get them? Thank you.