Uninstalling CBT Driver

Whats the best way to remove CBT/CBT driver. I’ve had some crashes lately. I’ve tried just installing the normal version, adn while that sorta works, I can see the urbackupcbt driver still exists and is loaded.

Crash Dump Analysis

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer. This system is not configured for complete or automatic crash dumps. For best results, configure your system to write out complete or automatic crash dumps. Select Tools->Crash Dump Configuration from the main menu to configure your system to write out complete memory dumps.

On Wed 4/3/2024 12:20:47 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported

Crash dump file: B:\Windows\memory.dmp (Kernel memory dump)
Uptime: 00:10:46 (hh:mm:ss)
Bugcheck code: 0x10D(0x6, 0x2, 0x31FD14252208, 0xFFFFCE02D5BEAC70)
Bugcheck name: WDF_VIOLATION
Driver or module in which error occurred: urbackupcbt.sys (urbackupcbt+0x2D19)
File path: C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\urbackupcbt.sys
Bug check description: This indicates that Kernel-Mode Driver Framework (KMDF) detected that Windows found an error in a framework-based driver.
Analysis: This is a typical software problem. Most likely this is caused by a misbehaving driver.
Google query: urbackupcbt WDF_VIOLATION

Conclusion

One crash dump has been found and analyzed. A third party driver has been identified to be causing system crashes on your computer. It is strongly suggested that you check for updates for these drivers on their company websites. Click on the links below to search with Google for updates for these drivers:

urbackupcbt.sys

Sorry about the problems:

Running following in cmd should remove the driver:

"C:\Program Files\UrBackup\urbctctl.exe" uninstall-driver

This is run during usual app uninstall as well.

If you could send me that, it could perhaps be used to look into the issue.

One unusal thing I notice is that your Windows is at B:\ ? I was assuming that modern Windows is always at C:\ ?

I ended up mounting the registry offline and uninstalling the driver manually, but I can try and reproduce the issue.

You are seeing b:\ because I was running the analysis from a second machine on the offline drive.
I was unable to boot with the primary, it’d always give me DPC errors, even in safemode. I removed the cbt driver from the UpperFilter entry, as well as the driver reg entry.