Understanding install dependencies

I’m a new user trying to switch from BackupPC to urbackup, for a small workgroup (~10 machines, mixed linux/windows).

I want to test urbackup server, and I’m a bit puzzled about the recommended dependencies. For example, on an OpenSuse 13.2 server, I get:

The following 37 NEW packages are going to be installed:
  brltty brltty-driver-at-spi2 brltty-driver-brlapi brltty-driver-xwindow gnutls guestfs-data guestfs-tools libbrlapi0_6 libcacard0 libcelt051-0 libconfig9 libfdt1 libguestfs0
  libhivex0 libibverbs1 librdmacm1 libspice-server1 libusbredirparser1 libvdeplug3 libvirt-client libyajl2 perl-libintl-perl perl-String-ShellQuote perl-Sys-Guestfs perl-Win-Hivex
  qemu qemu-block-curl qemu-ipxe qemu-ksm qemu-seabios qemu-sgabios qemu-tools qemu-vgabios qemu-x86 urbackup-server xbrlapi xen-libs

The following 6 recommended packages were automatically selected:
  brltty guestfs-data qemu-block-curl qemu-ksm qemu-tools qemu-x86

Are these dependencies really needed? It seems that brltty is an accessibility tool (for blind persons), and qemu is a cpu emulator. I can’t understand why they are needed by urbackup.
Thanks for any clarification.
Best regards, Fulvio

1 Like

It’s libguestfs-tools used for image mounting which pulls those in. UrBackup will run without libguestfs-tools, you just won’t be able to mount images on Linux.

ok, thank you for the information.