Unable to free up space

So I’m still having issues and backups are a week behind at least. I’ve gone in and delete folders that I could which “should have” freed up a hundred gig or so. Storage drive is still showing full. I’ve been unable to run the remove_unknown and cleanup.bat files. Still getting the AppCrash. So here’s my last resort option before formatting the box and starting fresh:

Is it possible to backup the “config” of urbackup and uninstall it. Reboot, format the storage drive and reinstall urbackup. Load the backup config and pray the clients associate with the new install and start fresh backups.

Thoughts?

Thanks
Rob

W.r.t. the deletion issue you could try 2.4.3 beta. The issue might be fixed there.

If you deleted backups manually you need to run remove_unknown, so it deletes the dangling symlink targets (if you backup with symlinks).

Where can I get the 2.4.3 beta?

Nevermind…found it

Thanks for the help. Got the Beta installed and atleast it’s letting me run the remove_unknown.bat file. Still having LongFile deletion issues but I’m slowly handling that.

Once again Thanks

It should not have those, could you post an excerpt where this occurs?

OK so update on this. The Beta software fixed it seems a good bit of my issues. BUT here’s one I don’t know what to make of. Before putting on the beta version I tried to manually delete files/folders. I also logged into urbackup and set up for deletions some backups. I started remove_unknown.bat last week before the holiday. It is STILL running. It’s been running for over a week now. I can see the HD slowly recovering space BUT I can’t run any backups since starting the batch file. I know I deleted a lot of folders in my rush to free up space. Should it take this long?

It does take a while, I’ve had cases where it took a couple of days & I don’t have many clients.