Tray Icon security on Internet Backup

Im running Server 2.1.19 and Windows Client 2.1.15
My Clients are on the Internet, and working just fine.
The tray icon on Windows has some menus that can be accessed via right click.
I limited the menus via urbackup web interface, so the tray icon shows only Info and Status, as expected.

I realized that upon PC reboot, and before UrBackup client has contacted the Internet Server, all menus on the tray icon on right click are visible (add/remove path, change config etc)
Few minutes later, once the UrBackup client has contacted the Internet server, then the menus disappear and only Info and Status show up, (the expected limitation)

The question, what will happen if the user change the settings on the Tray Icon while those menus are available?
Will the configuration for that client on the server be affected? (for example if the user add a different path, or remove something or alter something else)

Thanks

If the settings are modified at the client side, then it will take precedence over the settings configured at the Server side.

I know that, it says it in the manual.
But on this specific case, the Client Installation IS limited by the server, but there is a period on which the Client cannot contact the server, when that happen, the contextual menus are available on the Tray Icon.
If the Client is supposed to be limited, so they dont mess with those menus, then why those menus show up? is this an anomaly or this is expected?, and what then would happen if they do mess with the menus while they were temporarily available.
Did I explain this correctly?

Yes, I noticed this a while back too. I thought this was a bug in my beta testing and mentioned it in this post: UrBackup Server 2.0.25 beta/Client 2.0.21 beta

I’m not really sure if it can cause any issues, and thankfully my client installs haven’t tried to mess with the settings (that I know of :slight_smile: )