Traffic shaping Vs multiple subnets Vs Internet

Hi,

I’m having a hard time figuring out how to “distinguish” traffic and apply traffic setting for multiple subnets Vs Internet.

The server is accessible via internet for road warriors so it will never be on any internal subnets, it will sit into a DMZ. So in the Admin interface of the server, i put clients’ IP address and it works fine. The problem is that the client receive its config and put it into the “Internet” Tab.

So how to control the intranet maximum speed Vs Internet? I don’t see a way to do it. I’ve search the forum without finding my answer, no success with the documentation either.

For urbackup local network means able to transmit udp broadcasts.

This means they need internet mode. You ll need to set an internet password (client/server side) and a public ip (server side) in the internet tab.

Not sure what you means here. Client should be trying both local and internet mode by default.
You can set an ip when you “add a new client”, to tell the server to discover clients.
This will allow you to set internet mode server side and set a password.
But usually clients can autoregister if they’ve been on the local network once.

In the client tab you can set the local speed and in the internet tab the internet speed.

In the client tab you can set the local speed and in the internet tab the internet speed.

This exactly the problem i was explaining: Everything not on the local broadcast domain is considered internet… So the best way would be to add this concept. I would never put a server that has contact with the internet outside a DMZ…

So imagine the difference between intranet trunks @ 10 Gbps and internet acces @ 100 Mbps… Not quite the same…