Timeout while waiting for server to start backup Issue

Client version: UrBackup Client Controller v2.1.16.0 ( On CentOS7.2 )
Server version: UrBackup 2.1.19 ( On Windows 10 Education )

Installed client using the “Download client for linux” from the server webinterface.

• Ports are open on server ( Currently DMZ for testing purpose )
  • Ports are open on client ( checked with several online port check tools )
  • both server and client see each other (pingable)
  • I can see client listed in webinterface
  • netstat -a on server says connection established on port 55415 with the client.
  • Firewall on server turned off.

Settings on server ( TAB: INTERNET )

• Enable internet mode (requires server restart): ON
  • Internet server name/IP: defined the external IP of the server ( the localhost )
  • Internet server port: 55415
  • Do image backups over internet:
  • Do full file backups over internet:

If I try to start backup from web interface, it states “queued backup” and does nothing.
If I try to start backup from client, I get “Timeout while waiting for server to start backup”.

Logfiles are empty on server.
Logfile client: ( Only logs restarts? )
2017-07-18 16:22:02: WARNING: Shutting down (Signal 15)
2017-07-18 16:35:09: WARNING: Shutting down (Signal 15)
2017-07-18 16:40:18: WARNING: Shutting down (Signal 15)

I’ve verified everything to the extend of my knowledge and keep getting the: “Timeout while waiting for server to start backup” error once I do: “urbackupclientctl start -f” When I execute any server backup from the webinterface the message “Queued Backup” displays.

Could anyone help me with this issue?
Thanks in advance!

If u you select all columns to be displayed on the status, does it shows that the server ident key is rejected?

I’ve made a screenshot of all ( except ip ) info on the webinterface main page:

and here the output of urbackupclientctl status:

I’ve had it all working until I’ve did a complete reinstall of my home server. ( the urbackup server ) After I did a reinstall I also started the ./uninstall_urbackupclient in the /usr/local/sbin filepath and completely reinstalled everything using the file from “Download client for linux”

On thing you can try is check for the internet password, and see if s setup correctly on the client, and if the internet server is in the config file (can t remember where it supposed to be, just grep for its name.

Other, maybe more simple option:
Maybe try to uninstall again
then use find to search for urbackup files in /usr/local and /etc , make sure it s cleaned well.
Then try to install from add new client, client connected over nat
That will generate a setup file already configured for internet connection.

Client in the terminal output, status is connected , but the server is empty, kinda odd.

If that doesn t do it, then i dunno.

I’ve followed the provided steps after installing new NAT client, ( At first I tried adding a internet client but this did not worked )

After a couple attempts I’m currently looking at:

So lets pray it wont hang somewhere now :slight_smile: