Synology package

Hello,
The UrBackup is not being listed on the SynoCommunity repository, how cooud I find the spk package to install it manually?

Other doubt: I have a UrBackup server running well for years and I would like to backup Synology directories, tried to mount them via NFS, but the local directory from UrBackup server is filling up and do not complete the backup. So I’m thinking to have UrBackup client on the Synology to backup them directly, is there a way to have it?

tried 2.5.30 today, on a DS216+ (braswell arch) on DSM 7.1
error : “Raising maximum file descriptor to 65535 failed. This may cause problems with many clients. (errno=1)
Raising nice-ceiling to 35 failed. (errno=1)”
if I run it as root , only error “Segmentation fault”

@josef109 Thank’s for your effort! Do you have a documentation about how to install your packages? I searchd nearly everything without success.

Tried to add the .zip file to /var/packages/ and it appears in the package center but with a warning.

Bildschirmfoto 2023-04-19 um 14.18.19

the logs telling me only pkgtool.cpp:2996 stat /var/packages/urbackup/etc failed [No such file or directory]. Creating the folder would not lead into solution.

If someone knows a howto install the packages under Release Urbackup Server 2.5.30 · josef109/spksrc · GitHub please let me know :slight_smile:

you need to extract spk from zip then install it manually from Package Center in Synology Web interface.

How to extract? It is not simply rename .zip to .spk?

Ok, the armada38x-7.1.zip package i am using does not have a spk like other zip files.

Ok finally got a spk for my architecture armada38x with the following steps:

1. download the source code at the end of the realeases table from josef109
  2. extract it and cd into the directory cd ./spksrc-2.5.30
  3. start the build tools with a docker contaner (docker must be installed) => docker run -it -v $(pwd):/spksrc -w /spksrc -e TAR_CMD="fakeroot tar" ghcr.io/synocommunity/spksrc /bin/bash
  4. run following commands inside the terminal that will be opened after running the command in 3.
make setup
cd spk/urbackup/
make arch-armada38x-7.1
  1. when done => package is under /packages. Install via web gui on your synology dms.
1 Like

here it is !