Spill space error

Hello! Has anyone encountered this?
Error while setting up spill space: Error setting up spill disk: device-mapper: reload ioctl on spill_disk (254:0) failed: Invalid argument Command failed.
Tamas

yes. What is the solution?

I didn’t find it. crap unfortunately

I am remided of the wisdom that “Linux is only free if you don’t value your time.” As I read through the forums here, and the huge number of failures to restore with all sorts of unresolved problems, I think urbackup could be substituted here.

That’s pretty unfair.

The posts on the forums do not reflect the many people who are using urbackup daily without issue.

Many posts here can be attributed to hardware issues or technical inexperience. There is no obligation for free software developers to provide free technical support.

Dear GilesP! you are right, but the fact does not change that the program is not good. Its only advantage is that users with lower knowledge can be easily trained to use file recovery, and with this we have defined all the positive advantages of Urbackup. I’ve been using it for years, and it hasn’t let me down more than once. Its documentation is also unusably outdated.
if there was a paid stable version, they would gladly pay in advance

The bacup functanality looks like it works. Itis super easy to set up. I have it deployed from packages and didn’t need to install a single thing manually.

However, as soon as I tried to restore an image, I found just about every error mentioned on this forum with no solutions ever offered. Even attempting to uncompress the images to turn them into a VHD using the command line tool results in errors. Every problem I ran into someone else has run into and posted here without it ever being resolved. After spending three days on it, I can reload windows, software, and data faster than waiting for answers to appear. Maybe this is useful for file backup. And it is easier to verify file backup is working. THe level of simplitity in deploying on a home network didn’t go unnoticed. However, Image backup has way too many problems with no solutions.

I’m just reminded that I use to do this on 10Mbit connections in the 1990’s using Norton Ghost and it worked well.

I’ve had little difficulty with image restores, however, I’ve old hardware & a Windows based setup, I simply haven’t the experience dealing with Linux setups, client or server, to offer help.