Server symbolik links to wrong path

Server ver: 2.2.11
Installed on: Jail on FreeNAS 9.10.2-U6
Client OS: Ubuntu Server 16.04 LTS

I’m working to setup off-site replication of my UrBackups. I’m limited to a physical server that won’t run FreeNAS well, so I decided to test out Ubuntu Server 16.04 LTS using rsync over SSH.

A few of my client systems are Ubuntu Server 16.04 LTS with an application that already takes care of backing itself up to a specific folder.

I chose to specifically add the path to the application backups as a folder to backup, directly on the clients, and was hoping to use the --exclude option to filter out the ‘root’ folder and just replicate to off-site replication the application backups and keep an on-site copy of the entire system.

I found that it fails to replicate the extra folder and upon inspecting the UrBackup by SSHing into the FreeNAS server makes a sym link for it to an invalid path, and I’m guessing that is the cause of the rsync failure.

Details:
Path of backup:
/mnt/iS3-R10-UrBackup-Storage/UniFi
The second path directory is called ‘backup’ and shows up like this:
lrwx------ 1 root wheel 70 Sep 17 22:00 backup @ -> /mnt/iS2-R10-02/UniFi/.directory_pool/MY/MYn8lPbuDX1537216657100696753

Since that path doesn’t exist, I can understand why it fails.

Please help?

I have done more look since posting this and noticed that it has to do with how I mounted the zvol to the FreeNAS Jail for UrBackup to use as storage. The wrong path name comes from the storage path specified in UrBackup’s settings.